What's new

Unofficial N-Rage Input v1.83

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Indeed. Playing paper mario with my gc controller this weekend (it truly rocks :p), I got pretty annoyed with the fact that sometimes the rapid fire function is "too fast." It doesn't always work. Take for example lady bow's regular attack. The rapid fire is too fast and thus nothing happens.

I downloaded the source and made it a little slower, so now it works. So I thought I'd share it with everyone else! So it's pretty much my unofficial version of n-rage's input. Version 1.83, it was based off the source for 1.82a.

Note that there seems to be a bug in 1.82a which makes the plugin sometimes "forget" that a trigger button is pressed. This is not my doing and I'm currently looking into it, but it's pretty hard since it's not my source.

Tell me how this one works! If it has to do with the rapid fire, then post your feedback. Anything else may go to n-rage, because I don't know if I can fix it, or have the time. Or want to, plainly.

Remember that this is UNOFFICIAL.
Righto, get to it! :icecream:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hey, never had thought that someone will pick up the source of this great plugin!!!
Probably you find more bugs and fix them or insert new (?) features, would be great!!! :)

Ryono

Doomulation said:
Note that there seems to be a bug in 1.82a which makes the plugin sometimes "forget" that a trigger button is pressed.

I assume you're using a GC to USB adapter of some sort. What brand is it? I've noticed that same problem (I have a PSX to USB) but it's not just when using N-Rage's plugin. I get it when using ZSnes, and lots of other things. My plugin is a SuperJoyBox.. or something. I know there's a SuperJoyBox for GC controlers, so what's yours?

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
MasterPhW_DX: Dunno, the whole thing is pretty much alien to me :p I think n-rage's plugin is as good as it gets. Of course, I could fix some bugs...

Ryono: Actually, nothing wrong with the adapter. I'm using the one found at nathell. I tried assigning it both to the keyboard and my controller with the same results.

wildgortex

Thank you Doomulation for providing a working NRage plugin. None of the "Official" ones were working on pj 64 for me.