• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4real

Update 13/6/2006

Banjo Tooie faq has its own website now.

So you can look at the Banjo tooie faq from the site and also download the eep fix as well.

Check it out at : http://www.banjotooiefaq.co.uk/

There's more:-

The site just dont look at Banjo tooie but Banjo Kazooie as well and all other banjo stuff.

Thanx for all the feedback on this thread its all helped a lot.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Ah, some information I didn't think of, I thought it wasn't solveable, i'll try the CF=4 thing.

Don't use Jabo's 1.5 though, it is phyically (so to speak) disabled by 1964 0.8.5, support for it was only re-added back in 0.9.9.

How much testing went into these methods btw?

Edit: No matter i'll play it non-stop for a few hours, if it doesn't crash I reckon its a success.

Last edited:
OP
4real

4real

ScottJC said:
Ah, some information I didn't think of, I thought it wasn't solveable, i'll try the CF=4 thing.

Don't use Jabo's 1.5 though, it is phyically (so to speak) disabled by 1964 0.8.5, support for it was only re-added back in 0.9.9.

How much testing went into these methods btw?

Edit: No matter i'll play it non-stop for a few hours, if it doesn't crash I reckon its a success.

Added some more to the list and please let me know how you get on with your non-stop play.
I have tested all methods and have helped me complete the game.

Last edited:

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Actually, I'm pretty sure that I managed to complete this game in 1964 0.8.5, even though the FAQ entry says that it's only completeable in Project 64.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
CF4 seems stable enough, I was only playing it for an hour this morning, and yesterday. no crashes but that means nothing, to be honest the game isn't as much fun when the game runs that slow. In fact CF4 is so horrible i'd rather have the random crashes.

I think I will try 1964 0.8.5, powerlord, is 0.8.5 stable for this game than PJ64?

1964 0.8.5 is much more of a pleasure to play in so far, also seems to run at a pace more like the real thing than CF2 did for pj64.

I'm using this setup, 1964 0.8.5, Jabos 1.5, Schibos audio 1.2 and mupen rsp, works quite well, need to do more testing.

Last edited:
OP
4real

4real

Thanx for the feedback and updated the faq.
Updated that the game can be completed in 1964.

The CF4 trick does slow down on some systems

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Bump!

Actually not a bump, reporting more info, i've played it for about 1 hour and a half this morning, and 1 hour last night on 1964 0.8.5, no crashes yet, this is looking promising... going to play it again tonight.

I forgot how good Banjo-Tooie was, it is the ultimate platformer imo.

OP
4real

4real

Updated Faq today with some new stuff plus thanx to scottJC for testing.

ScottJC your config has been added to the list.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
this should be moved to general n64 emulation.

anyway, in the dino world now, 20 jiggys, no crash yet.. seems perfectly stable. or maybe i'm just lucky.

OP
4real

4real

Testing on Jabos Gfx plugin 1.5,use Jabos 1.5 sound and use Mupens Rsp with process alist by rsp defined plugin and use azimer hle audio v0.55.1 alpha in the box.

Everything running fine and running at full speed,no crashing yet and no errors with the fire eggs.
Seems stable at the moment will post pictures soon.

OP
4real

4real

Still people asking about banjo tooie maybe this should be a sticky.

Anyway been a while and testing on these fixes are going well.

No crashes as yet it seems to be running very stable.

Last edited:

straight

4real said:
Still people asking about banjo tooie maybe this should be a sticky.

Anyway been a while and testing on these fixes are going well.

No crashes as yet it seems to be running very stable.

I've played a huge chunk of Banjo-Tooie (I could finish the game now if I weren't trying to get all the Jiggies first) on 1964 .9.9 without much problem (using Glide64) except for the one I described in this thread:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20722

Tooty

This game runs well with the 1964085, jabo d3d1.5, zimilar(or zimlar?)audio, mupen rsp
in my sys for a while, however, everytime after resuming from the full screen mode and shuting down 1964 i get illegal operation(no problem when working under window mode), and one illegal operation during game play in the witch's park stage, maybe i tried to enter and exit houses too often, currently despite this two problem, everything seems great and framerate is ok

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I've not seen 1 crash in Banjo-tooie with 1964 0.8.5 yet. I am confident this is the best emulator for it.

OP
4real

4real

ScottJC said:
I've not seen 1 crash in Banjo-tooie with 1964 0.8.5 yet. I am confident this is the best emulator for it.

Yeah ive not had a crash with the setup as well and i think u right.

Tested PJ64 setup and that seems ok but you do need a higher system then 1964 to run smooth.

Toasty

Sony battery
Which sound plugin are you using for 1964 (0.8.5)? I can't seem to get any sound plugins to work properly with BT.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Azimers 0.55.1 works. find it in the apollo forum. I think its the thread called "Test"