Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
4real

4real

1964 0.8.5, Jabos 1.5, Schibos audio 1.2 and mupen rsp with process alist by rsp defined plugin and use azimer hle audio v0.55.1 alpha in the box.

This config should work fine, if not try the PJ64 config.

More info will help like :- Choppy sound, no sound.

OP
4real

4real

Please vote on the poll?

Last update on faq for a while, will work on new one if poll results are good.

Any ideas for what game you would like to see as well will help.

ggab

Emutalk Member
can anyone tell me witch are exactly the bug/issues with glide64?? (sshots prefer)

EXAMPLES:
Q:- Game freeze when playing ?
A(d) Use Glide64 gfx plugin.(still some issues in Pteradactyl Land)

Q:- Can the game be completed
A(b):- Can completed in 0.9.9 using Glide64 but can't get all jiggys.

thanks in advance :)

OP
4real

4real

The main issues using Glide64 plugin are Random Crashes and slowdowns in Pteradactyl Land.

The second is more an issue with 1964 but its a lot better if u use glide64 but still can't get all jiggys ie:armored cavemen problem so can't get jiggy.

Didn't have any problems with the graphics with glide64 and looked very nice on all cards that it was tested on.

These where tested using only a wrapper.

New versions of glide have not been tested as this faq is not being updated at the mo.

Hope this info will help.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
To get through the Jiggy challenges I know you can just disable self-rendered textures and use randomly textured pieces, but has anyone found any plugins/settings that can preserve the original frame buffer effects effectively? (IE better than like 3 fps and no crashes.)

OP
4real

4real

Due to the release of PJ64 1.6 i will be testing out the plugins and might update the FAQ.

OP
4real

4real

After Further testing Pj64 still does not beat 1964 v8.5 setup.

Findings are :

Still unstable (random crashes)

Still have slow downs on lower spec machine but improvements on higher spec machines.

Big improvement on graphics.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hey i think i might have fixed the random hanging for pj64 1.6, if you want to try the beta rdb from here.

do we 'beat' 1964 setup now? ;) :p

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I will certainly have to try that fix Smiff, thats been a bother for ages, and if it was that easy... /me kicks himself if it works

OP
4real

4real

New testing on the way with the new rdb will put results up soon.

Thanx Smiff for this will update Faq as soon testing is complete.

OP
4real

4real

After a few hours testing the game is very stable and running a great speed even the JiggyWiggy Chalenges are running at full speed. using 1.6 gfx plugin.
Still doing further testing.

Updated FAq

OP
4real

4real

after testing with 1.6 i got my first crash then a few random crashes afterwards.

1.5.2 gfx seems to be stable at the mo.

Please note that pj64 1.6 faq results might not be correct at this time as testing is still going on.

ggab

Emutalk Member
i will test it with glide64 ;)

we need other tester men, with both RiceVideo and Direct64 :)

PS: How many testing hours do u suggest to say it's stable?

OP
4real

4real

Hi ggab

Many months of play have gone into this game to make sure all testing is correct.

The problem with this game is it will play ok for many hours then it will crash.

I would say a min of 29 hours play only 1964 0.8.5 has never crashed with that amount of playtime.

I play the game for 3 to 4 hours at a time then leave it on the loop at the start then go back to it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I used to play on 1964 0.8.5 for hours at a time, save state, close... then start again. it never crashed on me once. Can't say the same for Project64. Plus 1964's timing is slightly better than project64's anyway.

OP
4real

4real

Updated Faq and put this new config that plays very well.

New config:
1964 0.8.5, Jabos 1.5.2/1.6, Schibos audio 1.2 (set computer to 16bit for extra speed) very good performance and Speed better graphics.

Yet again 1964 0.8.5 seems to be the best for this game at the mo but pj64 is still going threw test using 1.5.2.