What's new

Can't get Satourne 1.10 to work

eurythmech

At first I was having troubles running the games (binaries) because the emulator would freeze as soon as the Saturn title screen came up. But that is no longer a problem after I changed the CD plugin.
But now I have the problem of not "entering the game" when I run, the emulator rather thinks I have a music CD or something and I reach a CD player menu.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Do you have aspi driver installed? That could be the problem. Which CD plugin do you use and which game you try to run?

OP
E

eurythmech

Thank you, now I get at least one tiny step further! (after installing new aspi drivers). The problem I get now is the game tells me that I have to "empty the memory card" or something like that. What's the story on that?

OP
E

eurythmech

Hehe and now that I cleared the RAM in the bios, and try to re-run the game (STHA) the "loading" screen freezes.

On a different note, is there an English version of SF III?
And I don´t mean for download, I just meant, was one ever made?

OP
E

eurythmech

Hehe true =)
Well was there?

As for playing games through satourne (I've had some improvements now), is it normal to have graphical problems with the text being hard to read, and with big chunks of purple or some other color covering a large area of the screen?
Also the games seem to freeze every now and then.
The game I've tried mostly is STHA btw.

Also, are there other emulators that have less graphical problems than satourne? And also, is the "save state" supposed to work? Thank you!

MasterPhW

No save state one... sadly.
Satourne is a great thing of work and we will probably see some more improvements in some month...

MasterPhW

Yeah, I know he will improve it, because I was & I am a beta tester :)P) and I know his saturn and coding knowledge! You should have seen his improvement from V1.1 Beta 1 to Beta 6!!!

Last edited: