What's new

*sigh* Direct64 gave me an error...

Rexatron X

When setting Direct64 as my video plugin, I get the following error when starting up a game (Paper Mario in this case, don't know if it matters):

80065C3C: Exception in emulation thread

Can somebody please help me...I really want to get this plugin working as it may be the only one that works with my computer...

gandalf

Member ready to help
Video card?,you need at least an GeForce 3 (i think),geforce 4 ti (mx doesn´t have pixel shaders and didn´t show graphics correctly),GeForce FX and FX 6 series.
for radeon: from 8500 and higher

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yup, requires pixel shaders.

Here's how a few games looks on my GeForce4 Ti with Direct64, and it's only a PS 1.3 card. Looks absolutely perfect though. ;) It's too bad FSAA doesn't work with it, though. Direct64 is orgasmic I tell you. :drool:

Last edited:

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Actually, the Orkinsampling option turns on FSAA... although it doesn't work in the latest version of Direct64, or so I've heard. If you search the last few pages of the Direct64 topic, you'll find a file attachment with the version before Oversampling and Orkinsampling were broken.

OP
R

Rexatron X

What plugin should I use?

My specs are,

Intel Pentium III processor
450 MHz

256 MB of RAM

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

NVIDIA RIVA TNT graphics card
16 MB memory

My main problem is Paper Mario freezing up in the first bowser fight.

BountyJedi

Well glide64 + hac's wrapper/ evoodoo wrapper would be a good combo it's the most compatible atm,

I think evoodoo would be a slightly better warpper for your card as evoodoo genrally is better for older ones =P

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Is the dreaded black screen problem a Radeon issue?

Asking, because cooliscool got it working with his GeForce 4 Ti.

Direct64 was no workie for me!!! I dunno why, because the Radeon 9000 Pro has pixel shader, probably includes pixel shader 1.4. The Radeon 9000 is like a Radeon 8500, but I believe that it can't do as many textures per clock cycle, at least with Direct X and may be around 25% or around 10% derived from R300.

It may be equivalent to a Radeon 9500, but with less pipelines, less textures per clock cycle and without pixel shader 2.0. But, it does appear to be better than the Radeon 9200, definitely better than the Radeon 9200 SE.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
No because this is not an ATI card at all we're talking about, its a card that lacks pixel shaders.

Clements

The Radeon 9000 Pro is quite a bit slower than the 8500 and 9100 as it has only 1 TMU/pipe instead of 2, it's between the 9200 and 9200 Pro in performance. It probably doesn't work because of drivers.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
RJARRRPCGP said:
Is the dreaded black screen problem a Radeon issue?

Asking, because cooliscool got it working with his GeForce 4 Ti.

Direct64 was no workie for me!!! I dunno why, because the Radeon 9000 Pro has pixel shader, probably includes pixel shader 1.4. The Radeon 9000 is like a Radeon 8500, but I believe that it can't do as many textures per clock cycle, at least with Direct X and may be around 25% or around 10% derived from R300.

It may be equivalent to a Radeon 9500, but with less pipelines, less textures per clock cycle and without pixel shader 2.0. But, it does appear to be better than the Radeon 9200, definitely better than the Radeon 9200 SE.

It works fine on my 9600XT as well as my friend's 9200SE, with the latest Cats. You're using a really old verson of the Catalysts, D64 didn't work on Radeon 8500 class cards since Cat 4.9. Try them or 4.10 out.

The Radeon 9000P is nowhere near as fast as a 9500, in no way "equivalent" to a 9500. My Ti4200 owns a 9000P too. :D

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I did see wording that the Radeon 9000 has Fullstream, which is for preventing blocky video clips, which reportedly was derived from R300, but I don't think anything else, except maybe the same PCB as R300, but with many components removed. It's like a stripped Radeon 8500 and a cross between a Radeon 8500 and Radeon 9500 NP.

Ryono

I'm having this problem with Direct64 too. I have a Radeon 9000 Pro, which does have PS 1.4. Direct64 works in other games, like SM64, but with Paper Mario I always get the exception in emulation thread. It either happens right away, or after all the logos and when it gets to the stage/drapes thingy. Any ideas out there, why this is happening?

OP
R

Rexatron X

Okay I got the wrapper evoodo 3 and glide64 v 0.5, but I still get errors:

When starting Paper Mario, it says "origin must be in upper left corner", I click okay, then it says "your video card doesn't support GL_ARB_texture_env_combine extension", I hit okay, next comes "your video card does not support GL_ARB_multitexture extension", after that, "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension", and finally it says something like "wglMakeCurrent failed."

Anybody know how to fix the plethora of errors I have recieved? I put the glide3X.dll file in the windows/system folder and in just plain windows folder...is that how I use the wrapper?