What's new

Sega Console Influence in Todays world!

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
Sega Genesis) Really the only system that tryed to compete with the Nintendo Home Entertainment system. ~ Sega logs some of the first "competitive influence" in the gameing world.. the race was on for the two gameing companys to prove who was best!

Sega Gamegear) Awsomest handheld ever lol. ~ Sega was the first company to release a handheld gameing unit in full vivid color as well as a backlit display something nintendo didnt catch onto for many years to come.. hmm me thinks sega could have made a real competitor for sony and nintendo in todays current handheld market... :).

SegaCD) Well.. i know they werent the first company to make a Disk system.. but they did it the best at first + it more closely resembles todays disk system than the other consoles who did it. ~ Sega begins the disk revolution a path in which all future game consoles would tread.

Sega Saturn) A much much better use of the disk system.. but this systems influence on today comes from one little unknown fact. ~ Sega makes first attempts at bringing console gamers online HUGELY popular in todays console gameing world.. sega released the first 56k modem peripheral + game of any company.

Sega Dreamcast) Not being one to shy away from a challenge Sega rushes head first into the next gen console market makeing sure it gets first dibs! ~ Sega furthur pushes the online console (once again HUGELY popular today..) as well as introduceing the world to its first taste of Console MMORPG's (which are about a dime a dozen nowadays. but still Sega's baby : ) )

As you can see sega has SERIOUSLY helped console gameing along to getting where it is today.. i still think its a shame theyll never make another console.. but all good things must come to an end.

and that brings us to today.. with the chankast. not made by sega but solemly swearing to carry the torch for all sega fans *tear* anyways this is just a post to show chankast appreciation and sega pride :D.

*also i realize i left outa few sega systems but that is because i either a) couldnt think of their real influence or b) dont know about them enough. so if you do then plz feel free to post!*

*discuss amongst yourselves, post agreements/disagreements/personal thoughts..*

Last edited:
OP
SegaBOI

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
and that brings us to today.. with the chankast. not made by sega but solemly swearing to carry the torch for all sega fans *tear* anyways this is just a post to show chankast appreciation and sega pride .

its just a chankast praise thread basically. saying how its great that fans of sega have decided the dreamcast will neve die thx to chankast.. in a nutshell anyways.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Why you don't post that in the General DC discussion? And don't understand the meaning of your post...

-Shadow-

Banned
MasterPhW_DX said:
Why you don't post that in the General DC discussion? And don't understand the meaning of your post...

The meaning ? Short mathematic excursion :

This thread = Meaning x 0 = Spam !

OP
SegaBOI

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
yea your right it should have been in general DC discussion, shadow my post had some merrit.. in all actuallity your post is the true spam.. why do you enter someone elses thread just to flame them? seriously.. at least the one before you had merrit to his as well it should have been in general DC discussion it was just something i wanted to debate with other people.. see if my opinions on this were agreed with.. in the future mr shadow if you can keep your worthless one liners to yourself id greatly appreciate it.

anyways the meaning of the post was a general debate once again your right it should have gone in DC general.. sry for the confusion, it only has a meaning if you have an opinion.

Last edited:

Seikeden

I think you are a little misguided.

Sega are not a benelovent god like entity spreading peace and love throughout the galaxy, they are a private company and are here to do one thing- make money.

They made some good games with some good talent and other "smarter" companies exploited some of their innovations more effectively. As a money making venture they did pretty badly though. ever since the psx came out sega have had a rough ride and as much as I love my sega games they just couldn't cut it as a gaming megalith.

Luckily they're still releasing games eh? :D

Russ

Wasn't Sega also the first with 3D gaming? Something to do with sweeping 3D camera angles or something... first done with Virtua Racing/Fighter and it was somehow considered an 'original concept'. I swear I read that somewhere...