What's new

Feature Request

Fender432

Well this is for future versions of Jnes.
1. I would like to have the par cheat device to be added along with the GG.
2. I would like to have the Movie record feature like the one Znes has.

Thanks.

Last edited:

xamenus

These sound like reasonable requests to me. :) The RAM type codes would be useful for hacking your own codes. And the movie recording option is a cool feature as well (to show off your 1337 gaming skills to people :p).

dewhashish

Can you add an accelerator to the emulator like the ZSNES or Visual Boy Advance. This is the best emulator and all it needs is button you can press to make the game run at a higher FPS.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
a few of the ideas are actually already done, i just need to get more free time to leading the project toward a release, every time i get free time something stupid happens like a computer crash..

thanks for keeping the spirit alive tho :)

dewhashish

a few of the ideas are actually already done, i just need to get more free time to leading the project toward a release, every time i get free time something stupid happens like a computer crash..

thanks for keeping the spirit alive tho

which is, the accelerator or the movie thing

Shpongled

News Junkie
Great Work

jNES is the best emulator I've ever used for NES. I'm extremely happy that the author is still working on it, and hasn't abandoned the project just because the system is old.

Mapper #119 -- Pinbot (U) [!]
Any chance of having Mapper #119 support? I don't know too much about this subject, but is there a download for additional mapper support or something?

The fast-forward feature would be great, as the person above suggested. Especially for skipping those start-up screens.

Once again, thanks for not abandoning this project. You make a lot of people happy. :bouncy:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I think the featuare set for the next jnes (probably 0.6) is pretty set... a lot of the ideas you guys have are great (like movies, accelerators) but I have to cut the builds at some point... the upside to that is it can be released at some point

no idea when, but it'll happen this year ;-)

knowitman

Jabo said:
I think the featuare set for the next jnes (probably 0.6) is pretty set... a lot of the ideas you guys have are great (like movies, accelerators) but I have to cut the builds at some point... the upside to that is it can be released at some point

no idea when, but it'll happen this year ;-)

Nice to know that you are still working on Jnes. I like it when you are providing this free program and taking user requests for what you will put into it. I think it is nice when you don't have to listen to us at all, but you choose to. I can't wait for the next release.

Shpongled

News Junkie
The ability to resize the browse window and save the column sizes would be nice. So you can maximize the browse window, or move the width of the columns (or turn some off, like mappers) and those preferences would be saved for next time JNES is opened.

Great program, btw. :) You rock!

drybed

you know what would be a really good feature that Jnes needs, a way to talk in net play (kaillera)
Like in mame32k, you can talk while playing, by pressing "T" on your keyboard, this would be great if it was on Jnes, or is there already a way to chat in kaillera while playing on Jnes, and it showing up on the screen while your playing

Jabo

Emulator Developer
drybed said:
you know what would be a really good feature that Jnes needs, a way to talk in net play (kaillera)
Like in mame32k, you can talk while playing, by pressing "T" on your keyboard, this would be great if it was on Jnes, or is there already a way to chat in kaillera while playing on Jnes, and it showing up on the screen while your playing

if my rusty memory serves me i think kaillera does support that, so I'll take a look

zick

i've got some simple requests, probably really easy to deal with ...
the first is to change the extension of the *.sav file, maybe to *.nsv or *.nesav. the reason for this is so we can add the save file to our class list in windows registry and give it a seperate icon. alot of other emulators use the *.sav file extension for their save files and it'd be nice to differentiate between different backup files.
the second is to have a contest for a nicer icon set (application, generic rom, generic save file). i use 96x96 icons by default on my system cause it's displayed on a tv that i sit far away from. the default icon doesn't look all that good at that size. also, i don't believe its xp compatible (no alpha).
third, and not as important and probably stupid to ask, but could you release a kallera-free version. i don't use netplay and think it's stupid to have it, but i could just be stupid for not. i don't know.

thanx for listenning and i still think your the best nes emulator out there. too bad you didn't make other emu's for other systems; they probably would all be as good.

*Anubis*

FIrst to congratulate on a great NES emulator.

And only one request: Can we have 7-Zip and Rar support? (same as we have .zip suppor right now)

Felius

Digitus - The digital feline
Thanks for the hard work you've already put into such a good emulator. I've recently tried several NES emulators and your's was the best :king: .

There is one feature of ZSNES that I now realize I took for granted, and dearly miss; the remapable savestate key. I have come to depend on being able to quickly save without having to shift my hand from the input keys. This is the one feature that I find severly lacking in Jnes and just about every other emulator I've tried. With F5 as my only option for saves, I have to either take my hand off the controls or map A&B buttons to F6 and F7. Not only does that put my hand in an awkward position :down: , but it's too far from alt-tab for a quick switch back to the code window when the boss walks by. :saint:

So my suggestion would be do a little copy/paste in the code so we can remap the savestate and perhaps even loadstate keys to something like pagedown or space.

Yes, I know abusing the save state is cheating, but . . . :blush:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
A lot of suggestions and I appreciate that people are thinking.

Obviously it's not practical to do things that a small percentage of people would use (especially if I wouldnt :whistling) that said..

Kaillera-free ; if you actually delete the kaillera.dll it is a kaillera free version :p this isn't by accident

Joystick resetting to defaults automatically? i would have to try this out, but I know i've never had this problem. the only thing it does is set your joystick to "none" since you dont have anything plugged in..

about icons, i dont like running a `contest` per se, but if you have some unsolicitated artwork you want to submit feel free to post it, just dont be offended if its not used that's all i ask

*Anubis*

Jabo said:
A lot of suggestions and I appreciate that people are thinking.

Obviously it's not practical to do things that a small percentage of people would use (especially if I wouldnt :whistling) that said..

Kaillera-free ; if you actually delete the kaillera.dll it is a kaillera free version :p this isn't by accident

Joystick resetting to defaults automatically? i would have to try this out, but I know i've never had this problem. the only thing it does is set your joystick to "none" since you dont have anything plugged in..

about icons, i dont like running a `contest` per se, but if you have some unsolicitated artwork you want to submit feel free to post it, just dont be offended if its not used that's all i ask

So I guess you are not using 7-zip or rar archives, which are more popular now days then zip. (new 7-zip GoodNES-merge takes less space then zip version)

To bad...