Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anarkhy
    is there a problem with kaillera? when i connect i choose create game and there is nothing there.

then i look at the file NETPLAY.CACHE and its empty, i tried to delete the file, cleared the registry, reinstalled jnes and cant get it to work...
    there's a kaillera guide somewhere I thought, but the moral of the story is that it's not picking up where your roms are, hence the empty netplay.cache, I haven't been having any problems with this, but make sure you are selecting the proper directory (it validates things prior to adding them)

i can't test the connecting due to firewall, but my netplay.cache is populating properly

and this is another question best served in the 0.6 feedback thread

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo
    there's a kaillera guide somewhere I thought, but the moral of the story is that it's not picking up where your roms are, hence the empty netplay.cache, I haven't been having any problems with this, but make sure you are selecting the proper directory (it validates things prior to adding them)

i can't test the connecting due to firewall, but my netplay.cache is populating properly

and this is another question best served in the 0.6 feedback thread
    ok, its working now, i think the problem has something to do with long directory filenames, i moved the nes and roms directory from H:\EMULATORS\NES\ROMS to H:\NES\ROMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anarkhy
    ok, its working now, i think the problem has something to do with long directory filenames, i moved the nes and roms directory from H:\EMULATORS\NES\ROMS to H:\NES\ROMS
    Hmm good feedback, I'll give it a try

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More mappers please..

I read your interview with Opi so i relise that it isn't easy but i'd apperciate more mappers. some games made by independent groups, like code masters, don't always work with jnes i've noticed. I tried to play the fantastic adventures of dizzy, and at the bottom it said
    ERROR Mapper #7 not supported. but all in all i like this Emulator the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bump for Jabo (if he's still working on Jnes). Did you ever see this? Only been there a year 1/2 or so :p - I haven't found an NES emulator yet that has a kind of fast forwarding feature

Quote Originally Posted by Adaman View Post
    Hey Jabo, very nice emulator. I've been using Jnes for a long time, and happy to see it keep improving. Though i wouldn't be replying if i didn't have a suggestion.

One thing some emulators have, like the much mentioned Znes, is a turbo key. I'm not talking about turbo on the controllers, but just to speed by things in the games. You know, the loading parts, the boring parts, the inbetween things. It's really nice to be able to fast forward on the fly. If there is that option in other emulators, i always configure it to a button, so i can skip ahead really quick. It's a great feature to have. I like it anyways. Would love to see it in Jnes and any other emulator i ever use.
    I haven't found an NES emulator yet that has a kind of fast forwarding feature, then again I really haven't looked much. I don't play NES too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't found an NES emulator yet that has a kind of fast forwarding feature, then again I really haven't looked much. I don't play NES too much.
    fyi, fce ultra does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bump for Jabo (if he's still working on Jnes). Did you ever see this? Only been there a year 1/2 or so :p - I haven't found an NES emulator yet that has a kind of fast forwarding feature

In the 'bugtracker' thread there is a wishlist/enhancement section, the least I can do is add this to it so it's visible to myself (i forget very easily) and others, thanks for the suggestion

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

CRITICAL FEATURES

1) FDS support
    2) Remap "save" and "load" to controller
    3) Remap "save" and "load" to controller
    4) More mappers more compatibility blah blah
    5) Remap "save" and "load" to controller
    6) Option to delete netplay.cache file from within GUI (pain in the ass to have to have three seperate explorer windows open)

NICE FEATURES

1) Remap "reset" to controller
    2) Chat in multiplayer
    3) "Fake" multiplayer (press function key, receive player change)

FEATURES THAT'D BE NIFTY BUT LIKELY WASTE OF TIME

1) Multiplayer "hot keys" (Press button, spam "ZERG RUSH LMFAO ^_______^", this feature is utterly crucial for LAN playing)

FEATURES THAT WOULD BE WASTE OF TIME

1) Anything that distracts from other features listed above

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and please fix the command line support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the feedback everyone I've updated the bug tracker to reflect the current status a little bit better, as far as mappers I can't guarantee that will get done but if you can submit a prioritized list of ones you guys want I can at least look at it, thanks

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast