What's new

Q for ppl who have GBA and Flash card

Zoomer

I would like to know your thoughts on the GBA emulation scene with the new releases of PocketNES, that new Sega Master system emulator, and now it looks like regular Game Boy games will eventually be capable of being played on your GBA. If you follow emulation with a passion like me I'm sure you've at least heard of these things and hophily tried them out. I get more and more ansy to buy a GBA with all of this emu crap going for it. Furthermore, how would you compare playing the roms with VisualBoy Advance and on the real GBA, considering Super Eagle mode and all of those other fancy options you get with the PC. Sorry for the long post, but I just gotta know before I fork over a few hundred for the GBA & flash set, which I can and will be spending on PC upgrads.
Thanks.

Pheo

when using vba for emulation of a game, i have found it pretty much the best to leave it on default mode, rather than change to tv and eagle. most of those views seemed to make it harder to make out the casual appearance of the games. VBA seems to emulate the games very well, when compared to actual gameplay.

Personally, Pocket Nes has a great range of compatability with nes games, however i have not had a too many good results with the sound for games run on the actuall gba and wish something of a view (like 1x, 2x) option would be nice instead of scrolling or not. And of course, if possible, more savestate slots would be great.

Overall, i would highly recommend to anyone one of these maralous flash kits, and of course run to funcoland or such for some cases to hold your other games in, because you'll hardly ever use them, lol. Like i posted i have had no complaints yet except the save selection is a little complicated, but i cannot state much more w\o disscretitting Nintendo, and found this to be a terrific investment if you yourself can find time to play.

For me, it's my senior year of highschool and i am extremely bored during all of those studies and classes with levels too low to read.

elfake

Watching my friend play Contra on the new GBA SP NES version was really cool! What could be better than a classic NES game on a classic GBA?

Guess I should say too that it looked great, had good sound. Emulation seemed 100% perfect. Picture filled up the entire widescreen display.

www.linker4u.com has some cheap older flash cards if you don't want to pay alot. They also have newer ones too.

Last edited:

foogy

ummm. gba emulation is almost over dude..... after ds, its gonna be forgotten about. goomba (the gb emulator for gba) doesnt have that too good support. my advice is wait for the ds... sure itll be like a year, but now that i got my xrom 512mb i think all the time that i should have waited to buy the ds. besides, with the ds youll have enough power to emulate the snes and genesis easily! now that you think about gba emulation is almost over..the last emulator to come out will just be an update. dont expect any new systems emulated on that little thing!

smcd

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard, foogy. The GBA is quite a powerful tool, and heck, people are even still writing things for the ORIGINAL GameBoy, why wouldn't people continue to write for the GBA?

foogy

yes there still is coding for the gb and will be for the gba. but emulators wont be after ds. why code for the lesser powerful system? nes, sms, pce, snes, gen, 32x, neogeo, ngpc, lynx.... all can be emulated by the ds! i dont understand why anyone would code for the gba when there are so many new features and hardware advancements on the ds. pd roms r different if thats what ur thinking about.....

Stezo2k

S-2K
cooliscool said:
Uh. Couldn't you already play regular GB games on a GBA? I've done it with mine on several occasions.

Not if your trying to put the GB games on the GBA flash cart.... otherwise it requires a bridge cartridge, using a GB emu saves the money ;)