What's new

HELP : ¿How to load a foreign save while using Chankast?

Leoncio

Hi folks, This is my first post and sorry for my english (it is not my native language).

The situation : I´m playing in my PC and (using the Chankast 0.25) the FRENCH VERSION for Dreamcast of the Resident Evil Code Veronica. Well the game goes fine with the emulator and I can save my progress without problem and also I can load these saves normally. This game is very hard (at least for me) and surfing the net I did find several savegames very useful (start the game with infinite ammo, all the weapons, etc, you know) and all of them are files of the kind .VMI or .DCI I have downloaded it of www.Dreamcast.planetweb.com.

The problem : I have put these foreign saves in the same directory of the Chankast, but it is impossible for me to load it in the game. The game only load its own saves and not these. I have tried the VMSBROWSER but it only lets me see the name of the foreign savegame. I have tried all the options of the VMSBROWER (Lodad file, Write Vms, etc) but nothing happens

The questions :

1) ¿Perhaps these saves and my game aren´t compatible because the game
is the French version and the saves may be american or japanese version?
In this case ¿Where can I find savegames for the French Version?

2) ¿Perhaps the purpose of the VMSBROWSER is not for loading games?
If Yes : EXACTLY AND STEP BY STEP (for a newbie) How do you do it???
If Not : Then, ¿What is the right method for loading a foreign save in the
RE-Code Veronica??????

3) ¿Perhaps Chankast don´t let absolutely to load any foreing save???

Very thanks in advance for any suggestion!!!!!!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Your first question is the answer. You have to find saves for the French version or get the english version of the game. It's quite hard to find saves for the French version.

Cid

Here are the step to import a save into vmsbrower:

1.) Download a DCI save file, VMI doesn't seem to work. Select one of the vms.bin.

2.) Hit the "Import Save" and select your DCI file.

3.)You should see the new save being added.

4.) Hit the "Write VMS.BIN" and save the new memory. Exit and click on "yes" when it ask to.

See picture below:

Fina

It depends on game to game. Skies of Arcadia saves work between localizations, you just need to rename the save filename first. I'm not sure about Resident Evil, though.

OP
L

Leoncio

VERY THANKS for all your answers (In special to CID). Now I´m busy with my work but this weekend I will try your suggestions and I will post the results.

OP
L

Leoncio

Hi again, I have tried the option of Cid but not results, Sorry. I did import the foreign save and after I did write the vms.bin, then I did start the game and did selecct the opcion "charge the game" and appears the menu with several lines to choose but all of them in blank or empty (the exception are, of course, the original ones of the game in frech already saved before). Psyman is right : is very hard (or impossible) to find saves of the french vertion. Any other idea please ?????

Cid

There is a small chance that the dci file you have is not compatible with Chankast. Try this file maybe it could work.

OP
L

Leoncio

Very thanks CID. I will try it tomorrow (HELPPP! NOW I´M WORKING 13 HOURS PER DAY!!!!)

Cid

I found a new memory card that work for the NTSC for sure. It could work for PAL. It give you infinite ammos so that should help. Just import the DCI and load the game. It is on the first save. Hope this work :)

OP
L

Leoncio

Very thanks again CID, (sorry for the delay, I have occupied with my work).
Well, I have unzipped this last file RECV-SOO.zip and I get the next : RECV-SOO.VMI.
I "turn on" the VMSBROWSER.EXE, I hit "import file" opcion and select the file
RECV-SOO.VMI and it does´t load anything : I only get the next message : "CAN´T OPEN FILE RECV-SOO.VMS VMI FILES REQUIRE A .VMI/VMS FILE PAIR"¿What means this menssage?
¿What do you mean whith "just import the DCI"??? (The file that you send me is .VMI not DCI)

I have found this site : Booyaca.com where I can dowload saves for the german and UK version of this game, but all them are files type .VMI and I only get the same Message again and again.

Sorry for my ignorance (it´s so frustrating) and thanks for your patience.

OP
L

Leoncio

Hi again Cid, I have tested the last RECV-S00.DCI that you send me, but...... sorry does´t work. ¿What do you think : I must surrender and try to get the english version of RECV or is there still another last chance?

Other question : Perhaps I may get the next month the spanish version of this game (it would be wonderfull for me because I´m spanish), but...... ¿It will be the same problem = it´s not there in the net available saves for the spanish version??

Thanks again for your advise!

Cid

Most of the game saves I found on the net are for the English version. If you really want to play the game that much then get the English version. It is not that hard to find :D

butterfly

Please, if you you ever find a savegame for the French NTSC version past the tiger statue let me know. PM me, email me, whatever. thanks.

OP
L

Leoncio

Please read the post of Spunky (in this same forum) "¿Can anyone test my Chankastcheater?" (inside this post read my last post about this question ). I could finish the game thanks to the trainer Chankastcheater+ made for Spunky and using the codes for the german or deutsh version of Resident Evil Code Veronica (the "engine" and the codes are the same that the French version). Note : I think that the french version have a big bug at the point of the tiger head puzzle. It´s impossible to pass from this point of the game, so I have used the trainer and directly I did get the "Cranne Key" to pass and I did omit the tiger puzzle and the "socket" that you must to get in this point of the game.

butterfly

OK, please let me know how did you do that. I tried to use it in the past and it worked great for ammo but i was never able to add objects to my inventory