What's new

Help trying to get Biohazard 2 working

escrima

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to N64 emulators and roms but i have so far managed to play Goldeneye, Mario and a few others. However i tried searching this forum for information on Biohazard 2 with not much success. It loads up and there are major graphical glitches, on one plugin it gets to the title screen and you can start a game but then it never gets past the story bit. I know there are problems with this particular rom, just wondering if anyone knows if there is a plugin i can get to make it even half playable :p or perhaps a diffrent emulator?.

From what iv'e read on the forum everyone seems really helpful ^^ so thanks in advance anyone who answers :)

ad3

I want to play this too on emu. But as of yet its only half playable. As far as I know it's the largest n64 rom (102mb) so i'm guessing it still needs alot of work. maybe in 1964 v 1.0, whenever that may come out...

OP
E

escrima

ad3 said:
I want to play this too on emu. But as of yet its only half playable. As far as I know it's the largest n64 rom (102mb) so i'm guessing it still needs alot of work. maybe in 1964 v 1.0, whenever that may come out...

Hmmm yeah i tried using the plugin recomended in the guide in this thread. Didn't work though :ermm:

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
escrima said:
Hmmm yeah i tried using the plugin recomended in the guide in this thread. Didn't work though :ermm:

You dissing my guide? :yucky: Lol, jk, but anyway, as of the version listed, resident evil 2 is playable to a point (MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT ME BECAUSE I DON'T TEST ALL OR EVERY GAME EXTENSIVELY) and has a lot of errors but plays for me, but as for biohazard 2 (which isn't even in there yet, next release) has a few more problems with it...even though they are relatively the same game, Biohazard 2 from what I have seen, crashes at the scene where the guy points a shotgun at you. And remember, most (J), (E), and (U) roms will run about the same, but they can behave differently in different emulators and plugins. Here is my entry for Biohazard 2 (next release).

Suggested Emulator: 1964
Suggested Video: Rice's Video Plugin 5.6.0
Suggested Sound: Jabo's Direct Sound 1.5

Known Issues:

(Minor) N64 Logo is really small, and glitches when spinning.
(Moderate) Characters poke through all other objects.
(Moderate) Some sounds are missing, such as conversations.
(Moderate) Characters occasionally disappear when switching scenes, or screens.
(Severe) Crashes during the scene with the man pointing a shotgun at you?
(Severe) May lock up at different points in the game.

Edit:: Oh yes, and remember, always assume that I am using an RSP plugin for my entire guide. For EVERY game, i usually use RSP Plugin by Jabo and Zilmar, unless stated otherwise in the known issues. I have tested both Biohazard 2 and Resident evil 2 just now, and without that Reality Signal Processor there, it does exactly what you put down, pretty much nothing :happy: .

Last edited:

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
ad3 said:

102 megabytes? Wow, I have this rom and it's pretty big, but it should only be roughly around 67 mb. My guess is you probably have an overdump. (Waaaaaay Overdumped)

ad3

Bighead said:
102 megabytes? Wow, I have this rom and it's pretty big, but it should only be roughly around 67 mb. My guess is you probably have an overdump. (Waaaaaay Overdumped)

err, oops. I was looking at the winrar package it was in (bundled with other versions) and turns out to only be 64 mb. My bad. :paperbag:

Clements

Make sure you use the Unofficial RSP for this game or you'll get white noise in the audio. You may have to search for it.