What's new

Help with using USB to PSX controller plugins.

pillsaregood

Ok i use the USB to PSX controller converter fro mradio shack for my emulators. Now when i try to use this on the standard Plugins for Project64, the directional arrows and analog stick dont work. As for the other buttons, they work fine, its just i cant move in any games.

Can anyone help me with this??

minkster

Turn off the analog button and then put in the controls for the input plugin. Then when you go into a game hit the analog button again and you will be able to use the analog to move.

Allnatural

minkster said:
Turn off the analog button and then put in the controls for the input plugin. Then when you go into a game hit the analog button again and you will be able to use the analog to move.
That's not a good idea; you won't have use of the d-pad that way. When configuring the plugin, the analog mode should be ON. Map the stick to the X and Y axis, and the d-pad to the d-pad of course.

If things aren't working, either the plugin is configured incorrectly, or something is broken (pad or adapter). Do all of the buttons and sticks register in the Gaming Options applet (in the Windows control panel)?