What's new

help with directx 9c

$aba

it says this when i try to install direct 9c A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted

and i dont think i have sp2 everything i click windows update it do this Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page. You may find the following resources helpful in resolving the problem:
For self-help options:

Windows Update Response Center

Windows Update Troubleshooter

Windows Update Newsgroups
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
$aba said:
it says this when i try to install direct 9c A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted

and i dont think i have sp2 everything i click windows update it do this Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.
I had the same type of problem yesterday at work; the SP2 install said it was done, rebooted the PC then a bunch of the Windows internal functions (device management, plug n' play services, etc) we're giving errors on load.

I resolved the problem by just reinstalling SP2. You can grab the full SP2 download here.

Hope that helps :)

gettysan

Troubles installing DirectX 9.0C

Hey there,

I am trying to install directx 9.0c, but get an error message "a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted". I have viewed some info from a somewhat related thread (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=23515&page=1&pp=15) with no luck.
1. I have tried the redist version, and have a copy on the sims 2 game cd - but every attempt results in the same error message.
2. Services.exe is running, but I don't see services.msc.
3. I have downloaded d3d9.dll and placed it in c:window/system per KageGT's instructions found in the thread mentioned above - but still the same result.
I REALLY don't want to reformat/reinstall XP, and want to make sure that I'm not overlooking any other options before I do it.

Can anyone please help me? (i am a rookie)