What's new

Choopy sound in games no matter what plugin I use

Ioskeha

As the title says; I'm having problems with choopy sound. No matter what plugin I've tried the sound has still been choopy. Here's a list of the plugins I've treid:

Azimer's Audio v0.40 Beta 2
Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Driver Rev 2.2)
Azimer's LLE Audio v0.50.2 Beta
Jabo's DirectSound 1.5
schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2 based on UltraHLE (this one is really strage. I only get sound in one speaker depending on the RSP plugin in use; RSP emulation Plugin give me sound out of one speaker and Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin give me choopy sound.)

I've tried both RSP emulation Plugin and Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugins, and it seems like Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin give me the least amount of choopiness.

Another strage thing (maybe it's normal - I dunno I'm new to n64 emulation) is in the Azimer's plugins that has a configure menu; when I disable Enable Audio Fix (Disable for speed increase) I get no sound at all.

Here's my system specs;
P4 1.8 Ghz on a Intel i850 Tehama with the lastest mobo drivers
512 Mb RAM
GF3 Ti200 using StarStorm 56.72 XQ drivers
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz running the 4193 drivers
Windows XP SP 1 (I was one of those unlucky few that had problems with SP2) with DirectX 9.0c

When running games my VI/s is at a steady 58-60 and the ingame counter is at 30fps.

So can anyone out there help me fix my choopy sound problems?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sound may be choppy in some games. There's two fixes for this.
First, you can try jabo's sound and check sync sound in the properties.
You can also try azimer's newest sound plugin and azimer's pj 1.4 sound fix edition.

JinXD

Doomulation said:
Sound may be choppy in some games. There's two fixes for this.
You can also try azimer's newest sound plugin and azimer's pj 1.4 sound fix edition.
Where can you d/l 'azimer's pj 1.4 sound fix edition?'

BTW the link to d/l emulators on your sig is dead.....

Last edited:

Allnatural

Doomulation said:
1964 doesn't support that feature. Azimer's sound sync may work, but not Jabo's.

OP
I

Ioskeha

Thanks! That sound fix works geat. And JinXD, do a search on these forums for audiofix3.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
JinXD said:
Where can you d/l 'azimer's pj 1.4 sound fix edition?'

BTW the link to d/l emulators on your sig is dead.....
Hmm, indeed it was. I forgot I had changed the layout if the structure. Works now, though.