What's new

Jabo's Video Plugins cause crash

Crypter

I'm having problems to emulate some games using Jabo's Video Plugin, I've tested various versions (1.30, 1.51, 1.4DX7..), all of them cause crashes and freezes in particular moments of some games. Castlevania 64 chashes during Castle Center stage (particularly during the fight against the great bull, my PC crashes right after the bull explosion breath), in other places too, like the scene after the fight against the "fake" Dracula at the beginning of the light effect. The worst case is Ridge Racer 64, during the intro, cause some freezes, and after few seconds, a total freeze on the machine, and during the game, it always happen after one or two minutes of race, I just can't play the game using this plugin (the only one that works without graphic glitches). But, other games works well with this plugin, I've tested these particular cases using other plugins (I said "other plugins"? ALL OF THEM!), there is no crash, but they work with too many graphic glitches (when they work), Rice Daedalus (Video) Plugin doesn't work here, neither 1964, PJ64 or Mupen. I have the most recent drivers for my Video Card (onboard S3 ProSavage 32 MB), the last DirectX, and I don't now what to do. I need some help!

OP
C

Crypter

Is there another emulator that runs Ridge Racer 64 well (without graphic glitches), because this is the only game that I can't play using PJ64 (other plugins works well with other games).

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Probably not. Since it depends on the video plugin you can't do much (only change video card).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
With that card, only evoodoo+glide64 can solve. But don't expect miracles unless you change card.