What's new

Extreme Frame lag after moving mouse

XxCronoxX

Before I got my new HD I was enjoying my 1964 experience with near perfect emulation. After I got my new HD I backed up 1964 and along with other crap and reformated. I then unzipped 1964 into a new drive, blah blah.

Now for the problem, everytime I load a game it has this extreme frame lag, im talking unplayable, causing 1964 to almost freeze up. However if I alt tab or open a menu the game starts running fine, that is until I alt tab back in or close the menu. Whenever I move my mouse the lag comes, I think the lag also comes when I type something.

I dont know whats wrong...

AMD Athlon 2700+ <-- cant be a problem :(
ATI Radeon 7500le <-- latest drivers, as I said was working fine before
Windows 2000 pro SP 4 <-- all updated, was working fine before...
200GB Seagate Barracuda <-- dont think this is hte problem.

any ideas?

OP
X

XxCronoxX

It's on application reference. I think thats the lowest it goes. There must be something else though...

Ah I should tell you my plugins!

glN64 v0.4.1 (best thing evar in my opinion ^^)
Schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2 based on UltraHLE
N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a

:x

OP
X

XxCronoxX

This problem seems to be only happening in glN64 (newest version from like, octobor 2003? August 2003?)

I dont want to give up on the gfx card, seeing as how it's working the best for me and has always been.

I just re-installed 1964 but it happens again. I've turned AA all the way down on both direct 3d and open gl and I have the newest ATI Radeon drivers. My motherboard is up to date and I'm starting to doubt that it's the mouse, seeing as how it happens even when I keep the mouse still and have 0 input on the computer.

Jorpho

I've noticed that when I move my mouse cursor to the menu bar while running 1964 in a window, I also get very bad lag. I imagine that running it in fullscreen might fix the problem.

OP
X

XxCronoxX

Not fixed yet. Full screen it's the same problem, I've come to the conclusion that it's everytime I put some input that it does this. I.E move the mouse, use the keyboard, etc.

But when I alt tab to another window it runs fine. -_-;

Other plugins I've tested dont do this, only glN64

note-when I say frame lag I dont mean like "ohnoes your comp sucks its so slow"

I'm talking MAJOR lag. Unplayable. :x

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
The problem should only happen if FSAA is on. You can get rid of it by setting FSAA => off.

OP
X

XxCronoxX

Bump, problem is still killing me. There must be a way to fix it, probably some stupid mistake im making...

OP
X

XxCronoxX

Rice said:
FSAA = Full Scene Anti-Alias

And where do I turn this off? Under my ATI control panel THING both direct3d and opengl have their bars on all the way low (2x) and application preference on. The plugin itself has nothing with AA. x_x

Note-

I tested again and it works fine until I move my mouse. Then all the sudden this burst of un-bearable frame raping lag pops up.

Mouse=mx510 and worked fine before. Latest drivers...

Last edited: