What's new

People asking stupid questions

only thing more stupid is surely people who can't help themselves but answer stupid questions, with answers such as "read the rules, blah...blah...blah"

If the question is something along the lines of "When will the next version be released ?" etc, then surely the answer is not to answer at all.

I could be wrong of course, but I don't think I am.

Martin

Administrator
I think you're right. People: Imagine yourselves as the author of, let's say, Nemu64. Imagine getting questions like the one NoStupidName mentioned above constantly. :plain:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well i think their minds work something like this: ive already clicked to view the message, so im half way there. now i could back out now having wasted 30 seconds and let the bastard go, or i could waste a bit more and give them a jolly good flaming. thatll show em and ill feel better.

ring any bells with anyone? i hope not.

OP
N

NoStupidName

Banned
Good answer Martin :)

Apart from the fact that it wasn't a question, it was a statement of fact.

(the clue is in the lack of a question mark)

OP
N

NoStupidName

Banned
Ahhhh......I see

not my question, you meant other peoples.

BTW....Any ideas on my question on XP below

I'd love to get this little beauty running.

Try not to piss yourself laughing when you see my Babbagesque specs

:)

By the way the game i'm trying is Super Mario 64, which I believe should be perfectly compatible

Best Wishes

Tesla-Guy

Moving to Talk Of The Town...
Smiff, Martin: LOL, is it 2 difficult to scroll down, select admin options > move thread and move it? :p Lazy chaps :p

blizz

I always feel that if you get asked a stupid question you should give them a stupid answer. ;)

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
As we are humans we are somewhat ignorant at some times and we post stupid questions or answers this however doesn't mean that these stupid answers don't hold anything what could be informative or so.

P.S :

Tesla-Guy I know you might have heard this before but the Image link in your sig promotes roms as this board's policy is to not distribute any ROMS , ROM Links or to request any ROMS I ask of you to change the Image text into : For all your emulation needs.

I don't have anything against you personally or so but this could be considerd like an actual ROM link posting and I'm sure that some guys from Game developing companies are closely watching the emulation scene and therefore if you want these sites to live on much longer you shouldn't link an image anyone can see to a respected but still partially illegal rom site.

blizz said:
I always feel that if you get asked a stupid question you should give them a stupid answer. ;)

amen brother... and when you give them a stupid answer... even if you ARE a well respeted person in the emu comminity, deleting it is just plain wrong *COUGH* no names mentioned mr S...:devil:

Tesla-Guy

Zero said:
Tesla-Guy I know you might have heard this before but the Image link in your sig promotes roms as this board's policy is to not distribute any ROMS , ROM Links or to request any ROMS I ask of you to change the Image text into : For all your emulation needs.

I don't have anything against you personally or so but this could be considerd like an actual ROM link posting and I'm sure that some guys from Game developing companies are closely watching the emulation scene and therefore if you want these sites to live on much longer you shouldn't link an image anyone can see to a respected but still partially illegal rom site.
Oh Martin has no problem at all with it. Don't think i'm that stupid ;) and btw i'm advertising n64hq not its roms section ;) so... p*beep* off

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
actually you Are advertising Roms as your sig implies that N64 HQ contains roms and ppl shud click ur sig to get roms but the site doesnt work :D ;)

Martin

Administrator
Actually, the reason I didn't have a problem with it was that I thought that N64HQ didn't carry roms, but if it does Tesla-Guy has to lose the link.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Yeah! Loopholes!

Martin, last time i went there(before their big change), it did not contain any roms. but it did contain links to places with roms

Rjx

Nintendo64hq

I prefered Nintendo64hq before it became a ROM site....that site's how I first got into emulation

Re: Nintendo64hq

Rjx said:
I prefered Nintendo64hq before it became a ROM site....that site's how I first got into emulation

ditto, in its old guise it was actualyl an excellent site