What's new

Trouble in emulation land....

crutingly

Hey, I've been working with emulation for a while including nes, snes, sega cd, and saturn, but I've just recently dove into N64 emulation. I'm using the latest version of 1964 and I can get every game I have (Kirby, First Zelda, and Megaman) to load up, but the graphics cut out. Some layers dissappear while playing and others just plain don't show up. Is there anything I could do to remedy this? Thanks!

OP
C

crutingly

Can't

Uh, I can't exactly just go out and get a new video card. Laptop card? ehhh.... What video plugin would anyone recommend? I've tried to install them by putting them into my plugins folder and configuring them in the 1964 preferences, but I can't seem to get it to go. Is there some special trick to it?

vleespet

The decent one
Try Glide64 + evoodoo (put Glide64 in the plugin folder, and glide3x.dll in the root folder).

vleespet

The decent one
BountyJedi said:
well that depends on how new his card is if its new enough hactarux is better
Yes, but his card is definitely not new enough. If it was there is no use in using Glide64 ;)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
vleespet said:
Yes, but his card is definitely not new enough.
But he should use Glide with Hacs wrapper, not evoodoo, because it's done for this plugin.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
The IGP 320 integrated graphics is based off of the Radeon VE (Radeon 7000) chipset, so it isn't exactly a top-of-the-line 3D card. Hacktarux's wrapper may be quite slow on that. I'd say your best bet would be Glide64+Hack's wrapper if the speed is OK, or Rice's video plugin. If neither of those work, give eVoodoo a shot.