Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Skies Of Arcadia - Echelon Patch (SOAPatcher) v3.01

SOAPatcher v3.01

Here is the patch to make the standard echelon version of Skies Of Arcadia work properly on Chankast. This program automatically removes the echelon trainer plus there are solutions to all the known major bugs contained within the SOAPatcher documentation. This is version 3.01 of the patch. Make sure to read the 'Manual.txt' file BEFORE running the program. All the instructions you require are in there.

Programming - aika-san
    Original Patch - Strange
    Title and Logo Design - Fina
    Beta Testers, Bug Reports and Bug Solutions - Fina, dreamer and Siro
    Additional Help - Elorien, Machiney, elifecyber, BountyJedi, WALFER, alien{S}py, Frank Russo and moxing

Enjoy!!!

IMPORTANT : This new version 3.01 fixes several major bugs where the patch may not be applied sucessfully under certain conditions. The entire program has been re-written from scratch. Daemon Tools v3.29 is also now included in the download, just in case you have trouble finding it. This version 3.01 also contains much more extensive documentation.

If you are using an earlier v1.0, v1.1, v1.2, v1.3 or v2.0 version of the patch, you are recommended to download and use this one instead. THE OLDER PATCHES DO NOT APPLY THE PATCH SOMETIMES DEPENDING ON WHICH FOLDER YOU RUN THE PROGRAM FROM.

Your feedback on whether this works for you or not will be greatly appreciated.

I also won't take any responsibility if this program damages your computer in any way. All versions posted have worked fine for me. You, however, use it at your own risk.

This version supports both CD1 and CD2. There will be no further updates until:

1 - Someone posts a problem with v3.01 in this thread. In the event this happens I will quickly release an interim v3.02 version which will address and hopefully fix their problem.

2 - Someone completes the entire game with SOAPatcher v3.01. Then I will release v3.1 which will be the same program but with additions to the documentation detailing solutions and workarounds to all bugs found in the game. This version 3.1 will then be the final release.

You will find the link to download SOAPatcher v3.01 just beneath the picture. This picture was taken while running the SOAPatcher modified version of Skies Of Arcadia with Chankast v0.25 and Daemon Tools v3.29.
    Last edited by aika-san; September 18th, 2004 at 04:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can this work for the echleon version of ready 2 rumble round 2 and other echleon boot games then?
    Specs:
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    3.2GHZ HT Pentium 4
    1GB 3200 DDR memory Dual Channel
    Gigabyte Mainboard
    Geforce FX 5600 Ultra
    DVD-RW DL Drive
    DVD reader
    Floppy Disk Drive
    120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no this ones specifically for soa

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthDazDC
    Can this work for the echleon version of ready 2 rumble round 2 and other echleon boot games then?
    If u can find someone with a working non-echelon version then it would be possible to get them to make a patch in a similar manner. Then you could use the same type of technique to remove the echelon stuff and it may work. I almost started tearing my hair out doing Skies Of Arcadia though. It would have been easier/quicker if I had the echelon version myself (hard to fix something you haven't got/seen). The people who have helped did an excellent job though. Maybe you can get some help on getting another echelon game going in the same way I have done for this game.
    PIV 3.2HT, 800Mhz FSB, Asus P4P800D, Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb, SBLive 5.1 Platinum, 1GB DDR Ram, 2*120GB Seagate RAID, Jet4A Blower, 400W PSU, XP Pro Build 2600 SP2, LG Flatron 37" LCD, Logitech Z5500D 5.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm up to here: '9. The patch will now be applied and you will find that the 'bonito.drv' file has got a lot larger. It will probably be around 5MB in size now. Rename this new 5MB file to 1ST_READ.BIN and place it in your Exoboot data folder OVERWRITING the original 1ST_READ.BIN that is already in there. You are finished with LIPS now.'

it doesnt overight the old 1ST_READ.BIN because it says the original is a .BIN, and the new 1ST_READ.BIN is really a device driver. :\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nope. it wont work for me, i get stuck when i create a patched .BIN
    it wont create a BIN, it creates a DR or something instead, what's going on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry fot the dumb question, but how can i make a copy of that bonito.drv file? where? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiney
    sorry fot the dumb question, but how can i make a copy of that bonito.drv file? where? lol
    it's already in the 'data' folder than you copied the skies of acradia disk into...so you highlight it and copy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    it's already in the 'data' folder than you copied the skies of acradia disk into...so you highlight it and copy.
    sorry i didnt get it..
    which data folder do you mean? exoboot/data?
    sorry the folder was empty..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just click once on the dummy file, right click, select copy, then go to any folder and right click, then go on paste and voila.
    Specs:
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    3.2GHZ HT Pentium 4
    1GB 3200 DDR memory Dual Channel
    Gigabyte Mainboard
    Geforce FX 5600 Ultra
    DVD-RW DL Drive
    DVD reader
    Floppy Disk Drive
    120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast