What's new

Dolwin Update (Progress and belated birthday)

apexad

From the dolwin homepage:
<font class=post_quote>
Today I finally fixed long-living bug (it was terrorizing Dolwin during 6 months!).
Im glad =:)

I was lazy to reverse OS interrupt dispatch handler, and as result, I missed
important details of PI interrupt cause register working. And some dramatical
results began to happen accidently, like non-expected interrupts, timing bugs
or even access violations. It is outstanding for me, to fix that bug. Sorry for
such technical details, but without that bug, Dolwin now more stable and its
almost fully emulating GC hardware. It will be good deal for next release ;)
Authors of future GC low-level emus should beware from that bug!
See some details in this document (only for developers) : <a href="http://dolwin.emulation64.com/txt/osint.txt">osint.txt</a>

Also I missed Dolwin birthday o_O I found very old image of PONG and its
dated 23 Jul 2003. I think, that will be official Dolwin bday :)

Happy birthday Dolwin! We are already 1 year :)</font>

To see the old pong screenshot, head over to the <a href="http://dolwin.emulation64.com/">Dolwin homepage</a>

Shin_Gouki

jut read the osint.txt
amazing!
Such documentation should keep us to not forget how HARD it is to code properly an emu!
(scarry interrupt stuff *brrr*)
Edit : ups ;)
Great work org & hotquick!!! :w00t:

wbr Shin Gouki

Last edited:

zaba_3

Shin_Gouki said:
jut read the osint.txt
amazing!
Such documentation should keep us to not forget how HARD it is to code properly an emu!
(scarry interrupt stuff *brrr*)
Great work org & hotmilk!!! :w00t:

wbr Shin Gouki
lol hotmilk what a name.eh sorry but second developer is hotquik not hotmilk

OP
A

apexad

I understand the osint.txt file, mostly, but to take the time to read it and really understand exactly what the code is doing? *way to much time*

I really respect emulation authors greatly. It takes time and paticence to be able to write the emulators they write. It is this that keeps me going in many ways. I remember so long ago when I used to play n64 emulators a ton, many that were in beta, but now I find that although I have time, real life has taken it's toll, and I rarely sit in front of my computer to pkay n64 emulators, ps2 emulators, or dolphin emulators (dolphin is a better name then gamecube), or snes emulators, or any emulation. Yet, I still try to do as much as I can for emulation64.com, why? Because... I very much respect the time the current authors take, and at current time, announcing progress and releases or whatever is alll the contribution I can make.