What's new

My future computer:)

Jakob

evil *******
I don't think I can condone the buying of a 32bit proc at this point, 64bit the future, might as well be ready now considering there aren't any penalties to it

As to the case, I've never really liked the car cases.. but that's just my preference

aprentice

Thats a pretty ugly case :yucky:
And the "future" computer is more low end than the pc I am on now, which is 64bit btw :yawn:

If you buy pentiums your supporting :ala:

j/k

OP
dukenukem

dukenukem

lord freiza
Well i don't want an athlon64 right now so i'm sticking with pentium4 and probably with the p4 2.4ghzc processor since alot of people on newegg have it oc'd to 3ghz and beyond:).

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
dukenukem said:

Yeah... that's kinda lowend. Get a 2.4C and oc it to 3ghz... and it'll still be slower and more expensive than just getting a 2800+ A64 and calling it a day.
And if you wanna be cheap, get a 2500+ and oc it to 2.64ghz 240fsb like I did. That's roughly equal to a 3.85ghz p4.

But if you're really intent on having a slower, p4 rig, do this.

Get a 2.4C and a thermaltake sp94. Match it up with some OCZ PC3700 EB and go for 3.5ghz, run the ram 5:4. It will run everything fine, but still be slower than would you could have for the same money.

OP
dukenukem

dukenukem

lord freiza
I don't want an athlon pc right now so i will definately try out the p4 2.4c and oc it.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
boo intel! why buy a pathetic 2.4C when 64 2800+s are out there, i mean if you must buy intel, go ahead and get an LGA775 cpu, not a 478, and OLD at that matter P4 CPU

Clements

I would definitely prefer a barton CPU + nForce2 mobo over a P4 combination since it's much cheaper with similar performance. I'm very happy with it. I'll go Athlon64 for my next system though, not for a long while though.

You can actually get an Athlon64 2800+ for a cheaper price, and this overclocks well making it a much better investment than a 2.4C, and destroys it in gaming of course.

OP
dukenukem

dukenukem

lord freiza
Well i want a pentium4 since they do better for video encoding which is what i want to do:).

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
dukenukem said:
I don't want an athlon pc right now so i will definately try out the p4 2.4c and oc it.

Well, just so you are aware, if you get an athlon processor with an equivalent speed rating, you'll spend less money, and it will play games faster than the intel equivalent will.

My next system will probably be an nforce 4 based chipset, with a soundstorm 2 (the current soundstorm is hands down the best PC sound you can get right now, soundstorm 2 will be even better, its a shame that these require so much bandwidth that PCI doesn't do them justice, thus you can only find them built into select motherboards) and probably an athlon 64 fx-53. I'll probably buy all of this around the time that HL2 comes around.

Last edited:
OP
dukenukem

dukenukem

lord freiza
Well i'm not really into pc gaming so that part doesn't really matter but i will probably get an athlon comp after this one in the future.

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
Mystic Gohan said:
Instead of getting that crappy p4, you should look into a decent athlon. Here's a link to an athlon xp 3000 and a motherboard for $215.99 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=36841&CatId=1231

You should really get an athlon for more speed and you can save yourself some money.

Going the AXP route, the best option is mobile 2500+ and nf7-s 2.0, theres nothing better fo AXP if you want 2.7ghz 220fsb 24/7 stable on air.

But since he's getting a p4, best of luck to him.

flow``

flow``
Well i'm not really into pc gaming so that part doesn't really matter but i will probably get an athlon comp after this one in the future.

^^ so.. you're buying high end parts because..?

you may laugh at me, but if you arent really into gaming/design/cad or anything that really pushes your pc to any sort of limits, then you could honostly buy a cheap $600 HP computer at wal-mart and have everything you'd ever need or use in a computer. my family got one for my sister last christmas and it does everything she needs it to do (mainly papers/internet/email/school work and research)