What's new

Configuration Question......

jbondsr

Hi.
I'm trying to run Chankast on my laptop but the framrate is so slow. I'm getting like 5.0/60 maximum. I tried the +/- thing to adjust the CPU, but it didn't have any effect. I haven't even tried loading any games yet, its just the dreamcast menu to run properly. Sound is awful and slow too. I've even turned off all other processes to make sure, but it still runs slow.

Here are my laptop specs:
2.4 GHz Pentium 4
1 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
60 GB Hard Drive
Realtek AC97 Audio Sound Card
Windows XP Professional w/ Service Pack 1
Directx 9.0b
Samsung SN-308B DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
(And my keyboard has a number pad, so, I am able to use the +/-)

painkiller78

Which game did you tried with? The speed of the emulation depends not only on your hardware, also the game... look at the compatibilty list and try with a game which is know to run properly. I personaly have tried with SOUL CALIBUR and run acceptable on a P4 2.8GHz, also tried on a laptop P4 1.6Ghz, and run a little slow but good to know that the emulator works fine on that machine.

the only thing a noted was that in Windows XP, it takes about 20 seconds to load the emulator after you call it for execution on the explorer or through the RUN command, on Windows 2000 that not happens..

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
painkiller78 said:
the only thing a noted was that in Windows XP, it takes about 20 seconds to load the emulator after you call it for execution on the explorer or through the RUN command, on Windows 2000 that not happens..
I don't recognize this... it's just because of you have a lot of background progz running and they steal you a lot ram, I think...

OP
J

jbondsr

MasterPhW_DX said:
I don't recognize this... it's just because of you have a lot of background progz running and they steal you a lot ram, I think...

I haven't even tried to run any games yet as I said before. All I'm trying to do is get the emulator working at a decent framrate in the Dreamcast menu with the main screen for time options, loading the game, memory card, etc. You know, the bios menu screen. It runs so slow on my machine.