What's new

Will I be able to run Sonic Adv. 1 with this comp?

lordvXD

I've got an Athlon XP 1700+, geforce 2 ti and 256mb ddr. Will I be able to run this game at playable speeds?

OP
L

lordvXD

So what's holding me back? CPU or GPU? I can try overclocking a bit but until I get a new fan on my CPU, it won't be by much, my GPU on the other hand...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Everything else (apart from your CPU) whould be just fine. You can at least give it a try :)

EMUUSER

my comp spec:
celeron 1.7 g
256 mb ram
run sonic adv: 8-10 fps/s

so your spec is better than mine
if you overclock your cpu >2000+
i think it might run 15-20 fps/s

dont overclock too much

AltF4

didnt want to make a new topic, so anyone know if SF:3rd Strike(J) will run on my AMD XP 1600+? GF2 MX, 256ddr. Since its a 2D game and all :plain:

jessman1988

Banned
I know that this isn't the answer that you were hoping for, but try getting the pc version instead, ok? As for my question, how well will it run on my new pc?

It's an AMD Athlon with a 64bit processor, 3GHZ, 512MB RAM, and an ATI Radeon 9700 with 128MB. Thanks for your time.

ChroniX

-> Sonic Speed <-
jessman1988 said:
It's an AMD Athlon with a 64bit processor, 3GHZ, 512MB RAM, and an ATI Radeon 9700 with 128MB. Thanks for your time.

Dont be a loser.

1. Your real specs are in your sig.
2. AMD64 CPUs dont go up to 3Ghz, and you cant overclock to that without phase change cooling or the like.
3. You would have at least 1GB of ram if you were any self respecting AMD64 owner.
4. If you had the money to buy the CPU, you would have enough to buy a better graphics card.

Trotterwatch

ChroniX said:
Dont be a loser.

1. Your real specs are in your sig.
2. AMD64 CPUs dont go up to 3Ghz, and you cant overclock to that without phase change cooling or the like.
3. You would have at least 1GB of ram if you were any self respecting AMD64 owner.
4. If you had the money to buy the CPU, you would have enough to buy a better graphics card.
Actually, curb your attitude. His new comp (which he has talked about previously) will have an Athlon64 3000+ (so he's just getting a little confused with the PR and the actual GHZ value).

jessman1988

Banned
That's exactly what I meant. I'm sorry, but I'm not a computer guy. Thanks Trotterwatch for clearing that up. Also, I own the Dreamcast, Gamecube, AND Pc versions. I just wanted to know, sheesh, lol. nevermind, lol.

OP
L

lordvXD

Got myself the PC version, thanks for telling me about that. I had no idea there was a pc version out.