What's new

Problem with starting game

Frenzy

Hi...Im new here, I read the FAQ but didn't find any helps

I put the game Virtual Daemon Manager (like said in the tutorila on the page) and opened Chankast. I clicked on Options -> Configure.... In the tutorial is written, that you shall click on Options again and then on Init, but Init is missed in my Chankast ?!?!. How can I play the game now?

Thanks for all replies and sorry for my bad english

cuda7171

Banned
what game, is it compatible? what format? what plugins are you using? they are OS specific.xxx for xp, cdrom for 2000. make sure you have bios and flash. dont ask how to get. install the aspi update in the faq section. make sure they match in the installer. when you run chankast what does it do? it should make a blue swirl! then, if there is no game, it should goto menu. what OS are you using? it works on both xp and 2000 but the aspi setup is different. the games that i got to work are self boot non echelon .cdi's. although i have got echelons to work, but few. make sure it daemon 3.29. ramble on and on..............read the faqs ,good luck

OP
F

Frenzy

Sorry, that I forgot to give u any information

I am using XP...what do you mean with OS?

The game I talk about is Virtua Tennis 2k2. When I start Chankast it makes a blue swirl, as you said...what shall I do

You all are talking about echelon games not working. hmm its a "realease" of echelon. Is it possible to get it playable?

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
many of the echelon intros cause problems with the emulator, i dont know if its due to incomplete emulation, bugs or whatever, but i know the authors arent fond of illegal games running on it, because thats not what its for :)

cuda7171

Banned
sounds like chankast is good,i think the echelon rip is your problem. try a different version of the game or a known good cdi. i have never been able to make a readable image with any of the tool availble,or change country. exoboot is making strides and give author credit,but it doesnt work on any games i have tried. i have a working sega tennis 2k2 e-multi non echoloen and works.at abou 25 fps. on 2.2 atholon xp. dont ask where or how to get. they are out there some where. hope i was some help. as a newbie i have been treated well,and am trying to return the favor. let the gurus handle the heavy material. i am sure you will figure it out, good things take time!

i would like to add i dont advocate piracy of software,and have the original disks to my cdi. ..most of them. sucks that there are no GD roms,wish DVD roms could recognize format.

Last edited:

Darkice

where is the init command in the options menu , which frenzy mentioned ?
You havent answered that . please answer that ? its a question for me as well

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Darkice said:
where is the init command in the options menu , which frenzy mentioned ?
You havent answered that . please answer that ? its a question for me as well
"start" or "init" it's the same, it's depend if you are using chankast or chankastutils...

OP
F

Frenzy

I got another version now, but it doesnt work...

I put it into Virtual Deamon Manager, like explained in the tutorial.

hen I open Chankast (newest version). What shall I do then. When I click on "start", theres comes DREAMCAST in the window. Then I have to write the date and time. Then I can click on play game, but then all things replay, and I have to do it again, and again and again...but I cannot play

Please help me, would be nice

Neo_Cortex

I had same 'problem', but there was a sollution. Just delete your *.cfg files and mem card files in chankast directory.After that you will have to re-configure chankast and the 'problem' should be fixed now.

Last edited: