What's new

Resolution help

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
I've been playin Vice City, Jedi Academy, Doom 3 and when I set the resolution to 1280x1024, I get this thick black line on the right of the screen, I have a 17' tft monitor so I dont see y its doing this.
Any help would be appreciated

sheik124

Emutalk Member
uh, just calibrate the width in your monitor settings, duh, or your video card may not be too happy

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
well i think i know what the problem is, i think its bcause that the games set the hurtz to 60, while when im on the desktop its on 75 and there is no thick black line, so how do I increase the frequency to 75hz?

sheik124

Emutalk Member
it should be in the game options, that happens to me too when i change refresh rates, but just re-size the monitor display size thingy (by using the buttons on the front of your monitor, or in some older monitors cases, wheels)

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
well i tried resizing it but i cant, i can only move the screen. Is there anyway to make the games go at 75hz instead of 60?

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
fixed it at last! I found an option in the geforce settings to make sure the application doesnt use the default refresh rate, and voila! 75mhz and its workin gr8, thanx for ur help shiek124 anyways!