What's new

Damn Systen32.exe

jessman1988

Banned
Hey, I'm aware that this file is a virus, but now that it's off of my computer, how do i stop my pc from trying to start up with it? i get an error every time that i start my pc and it's really wearing on my nerves. please help.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
jessman1988 said:
Hey, I'm aware that this file is a virus, but now that it's off of my computer, how do i stop my pc from trying to start up with it? i get an error every time that i start my pc and it's really wearing on my nerves. please help.

tss tss... start/execute, then enter "msconfig", go to the last menu, and unset this file...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Only one, but it's quite risky... Try to delete it manually from Windows or DOS but if it doesn't work and your HD is NTFS do the following:
Open a window and go "tools", "folder options", "file types". After that click "new" and add "exe", click yes on the message and select "HTML document" from the list.
After that, reboot. Everything will be f*cked up but you will be able to delete the file.
After you delete the file open a window and go "tools", "folder options", "file types". After that click "new" and add "exe", click yes on the message and select "Application" from the list.
Reboot and everything will be OK ;)

Last edited:

smcd

[PEDANTIC] Technically, it isn't a virus. :) [/PEDANTIC]

Last edited:
OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
well, what's a SAFE way to keep my computer from reading it? i don't wanna format again, and system restore didn't work!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Oops, I just noticed that you already deleted the file and just want to prevent windows from trying to find it. Just open C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe and from there search for Systen32.exe and delete all of its registry entries. Then reboot.

Last edited:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
jessman1988 said:
well, what's a SAFE way to keep my computer from reading it? i don't wanna format again, and system restore didn't work!
try to unset all programs in the msconfig start up list, maybe another program try to call this trojan (you can safely unset all of this programs, even those concerning your hardware, there is no danger, those programs aren't necessary at all)... if the problem has disappeared after a reboot, then you'll have to set those programs again, one by one (with a reboot each time), until you find the one...

gokuss4

Meh...
cooliscool said:
Holy christ jessman you're teh 1337!1111

You made ANOTHER thread!!!!1111
And I see you post more spam! j00 4r3 t3h much 1337!

Now onto the topic. Jessman what you can do is find out what virus it is, find any info on it from some place like http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/vinfodb.html and find out how to remove it manually. Follow the steps (make sure you do them PRECISELY as they say), and hope it works. A system32.exe file... almost sounds like one of the CIADoor viruses.