What's new

Best PSX video Plugin?

jessman1988

Banned
Hey. I own a lot of psx games, but my brother moved out recently and took his ps2 with him, so now my only means of playing playstation games is by way of emulation. The thing is, I can get games to look perfect.......in a sense, but I've been wanting to see just how good I can get them to look (above the original quality). I've tried all of the plugins that i can find, but i'm a novice at configuring things, so I was wondering if someone could help me. I can get textures and things to look really nice, but no matter how I filter my games, I'm still left wondering if it's possible to make games look even better. If anyone could maybe suggest some plugins and settings I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: If it's not too much trouble, could someone post screen shots along with their suggestions? thanks.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
If you have a good videocard you can enable AntiAliasing and Aniso Filtering, you will got an exceptional quality....... and use Pete plugins, the best plugin for PSX emus.....

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
thanks man. i appreciate it.

EDIT: YEAH!!!! Twisted Metal 4 never looked better! I just hate how I need to upgrade my card to make it run smoother. (BTW, this is a bad pick. I wish I could show how awsome the shining effects look)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
If your gfx card can handle it then give pete's opengl2 plugin a try. Peops plugin with all the settings to the highest will give you great results as well.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Nighty0 said:
If you have a good videocard you can enable AntiAliasing and Aniso Filtering, you will got an exceptional quality....... and use Pete plugins, the best plugin for PSX emus.....

Aniso has no effect on PSX emus, as the PSX doesn't have a Z-Buffer.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
cooliscool said:
Aniso has no effect on PSX emus, as the PSX doesn't have a Z-Buffer.

Yep, really, thnks..... is because i always use them enabled (4xAniso) for all games, including PC games and Emulators..... i don't care much if works or not, but i can't play without antialiasing..... any app... :D lol....

dukenukem

lord freiza
Pete's d3d and opengl plugins are the best,i almost have the same card as you jessman i'll try and post shots too:).

revl8er

That Damn Good
here are some screen shots with different gfx plugins.
1st is using pete's opengl2 v2.6 plugin
2nd is using peops soft driver 1.16

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Mystic Gohan said:
here are some screen shots with different gfx plugins.
1st is using pete's opengl2 v2.6 plugin
2nd is using peops soft driver 1.16
What for a Megaman X is that? And do you get it to 60 FPS? It only runs with 30 frames if I'm not using frameskip and with frameskip it isn't playable at all...

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
lol. why post some screenshots? I'm using the software plugin and it looks just like the mmx pics. it's really good, but again, i need a better gfx card, lol. i think that Pete's D3D plugin is my favorite so far though. thanks again guys.

revl8er

That Damn Good
What for a Megaman X is that? And do you get it to 60 FPS? It only runs with 30 frames if I'm not using frameskip and with frameskip it isn't playable at all...

It is Megaman X6 and it runs at 60fps with all settings turned up with both plugins.

NanpaMaster

I play FF7 on a 2.4 Ghz P4 with 512 Mb RD Ram with a G4 Ti 4200 comfortably at 60 fps, except when ePSXe tries to access the memory card or FF7 switches maps/rooms, using Pete's plugins. I highly recommend using his OpenGL plugins if you have a decent video card (G4 or ATI Radeon) because it does run smoother and looks nicer on the games using OpenGL vs software rendering.