What's new

Firefox Problem

Eagle

aka Alshain
For some reason lately when I type an address into the taskbar address bar (see screenshot if you dont know what I'm talking about) it gives me an error message saying it cant find the webpage. However, it continues to load the page anyway. Its not a serious problem, its just very annoying when that stupid message pops up and I have to click ok to clear it. It happens for every webpage, but even though it says it cant find the webpage, it loads it anyway. Any ideas what might cause this? I should also mention if I switch my default browser to IE, it doesnt do this.

foogy

what version r u using? bet its 0.9.... im having the same problem. im about to move down a version to 0.8 if i can find a fix

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I know what the problem is, I can tell by the wording of the error message that Windows thinks you're searching for a file on the HDD everytime you're accessing a web site.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
RJARRRPCGP said:
I know what the problem is, I can tell by the wording of the error message that Windows thinks you're searching for a file on the HDD everytime you're accessing a web site.

Possibly, any idea how to solve it?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Hmm I'm not sure, do you have the latest Firefox version (0.9.2)? It may also be an extension problem...

2fast4u

you might wanna try to purge your profile directory too, just be sure to backup your bookmarks.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
I already tried reinstalling but it didnt do much good.

foogy

i just uninstalled EVERYTHING... and reinstalled 0.92 and it runs fine on mine.... but now every once and a while i will open firefox and it wont let me do anything. i will click on my bookmarks and it does show up, i will click on the address bar and it doesnt do anything either....but it will let me exit, minimize, etc the window....