What's new

Has WindowBlinds ever cause Windows XP crashes on people?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Once, already, Windows XP Pro crashed with:

***STOP: 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

---------------------------------------------------------

When I wasn't even running squat for 3D applications. I just was surfing the internet with Mozilla Firefox 0.8 on another PC I have. When I was just clicking around when running Mozilla Firefox 0.8, Windows XP suddenly locked up, flashed a BSOD then rebooted itself.

Has WindowBlinds ever caused the video card driver to crash before, with anyone else?

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
No, but i got another errors: Window Blind suddenly closing alone....
I'm using a h4ck3d win dll.... now i got my themes working... :)

smcd

I agree with fighterfan, windowblinds is a big bunch of bloatware, stylexp is much nicer.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Even better just get the hacked uxtheme.dll, no extra shit has to be running. I can't stand having another program running just for a theme.. so wasteful.

Knuckles

StyleXP isn't running in BG if you don't want it, there is a simple option to check to make StyleXP to use no ressources of the system, you will be able to use any styleXP themes without having it open and running in BG.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Style XP uses XP's own skinning engine so as soon as it applies the skin it is doing nothing at all, unlike windowblinds, which constantly has to do something in the background, Windowblinds is for bozos.. erm i mean users who use windows 98 or similar :)

Knuckles

like when I was using it (with objectbar) to get the XP look on win98se when I was using it (on my celeron 433 on 56K ...)