What's new

Does it support tv out?

minkster

Does my Radeon IGP 345M graphics card supports tv out? Or how can i tell if my radeon supports tv out? thanks!-minkster

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
If it supports it, it will feature some sort of output port, like an RCA or S-Video jack. Just check the back of the computer. Plus, you might be able to find something about it in the documentation or in the driver settings.

Knuckles

just look if there is a composite or s-video out on your laptop, most recent laptop has one. So my guess is that your has tv-out. Some other laptops (like my friend's one) has a special connector where you plug a little cable in and you get your TV-out...

I said laptop since I think your is one since it's an IGP card (integrated Graphic)

OP
minkster

minkster

yeah its a laptop (those bastards at comp usa ripped me off...errr) well anyway i dont think i have an s-video thing on it but right next to my printer port i have a smaller port that looks similar to the printers port except smaller. could that be an rca jack? thanks - minkster

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
An RCA jack is circular, you'd use the yellow cord for video; think game console to the TV/VCR:
GE_AV92601_Y_Adapter_for_AV_____JASAV92601.jpg

And, on the subject of video card TV-out, does the s-video out on a Radeon 9500 hove good quality?

mezkal

Man on a mission
minkster said:
yeah its a laptop (those bastards at comp usa ripped me off...errr) well anyway i dont think i have an s-video thing on it but right next to my printer port i have a smaller port that looks similar to the printers port except smaller. could that be an rca jack? thanks - minkster

Dude. Svideo is your TV out port. EVERY laptop has some type pf TV OUT. It's stand to connect to an overhead projector.

Cheers,

mezkal

Knuckles

mezkal said:
Dude. Svideo is your TV out port. EVERY laptop has some type pf TV OUT. It's stand to connect to an overhead projector.

Cheers,

mezkal

Wrong, I have 3 laptops here, none of them got TV-out, Projectors aren't only connected with a TV-out you know, the VGA output is mainly for that...

weeee, my 700th post!

mezkal

Man on a mission
Yup. Sorry. Next time I'll try not to respond to a post the moment wake up :p My sentance structure was bleh...pathetic..You'll notice I missed that he said he no SVIDEO connect either, I was obviously half asleep. Doh. LOL