What's new

GeForce 6800 Ultra HELP!

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
hi, today I purchased a Galaxy Geforce 6800 Ultra. But, my motherboard layout means it has to be upside down and the fan makes a horrible noise! When I turn it up the other way it is fine! can anyone help on how to solve this problem as the noise is unbearable!

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Grant64 said:
hi, today I purchased a Galaxy Geforce 6800 Ultra. But, my motherboard layout means it has to be upside down and the fan makes a horrible noise! When I turn it up the other way it is fine! can anyone help on how to solve this problem as the noise is unbearable!

what do you mean it has to be upside down? is it agp yeh?

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
yeah its agp.
the fan is upside down (doesn't face upwards) and just makes the most awful noise!

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Grant64 said:
yeah its agp.
the fan is upside down (doesn't face upwards) and just makes the most awful noise!

hmm well looking at the picture it should face so you can see the logo on the fan which makes it blow inwards, i imagine its noisey due to the RPM it will run at to keep the thing cool, best thing i can suggest is contact the people you got it from and explain the problem, see if you can get a replacement and see if its any different..

i dont have a 6800 but i imagine its just due to the fan speed, but thats the price you pay for high end graphics cards

Reznor007

The fan is designed to hang on the underside of the card. Every video card with a fan is like that. There is nothing you can do unless you want to remove the fan and put water cooling on the video card.