What's new

Audio HLE

Federelli

Beta Tester
Is it possible, that for some bizarre reason, inside the sound plugin configuration menu, the functions of Dummy Sound and Audio HLE are inverted??
Dummy sound, when ticked is supposed to null sound, but instead it disables HLE Audio .

HLE Audio, when unticked, is supposed to disable Audio HLE, instead it does what Dummy Sound should do.

So the sure way of disabling HLE Audio is through the Debug Menu

olivieryuyu

hmm i don't think so Fed ... seems (not sure of course) that disabling HLE audio through the audio panel is not the same that through the debug mode. But well only Lemmy or Lac could answer this question.

i never ahd sound with dummy mode and disable HLE audio in audio panel

:)

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
then... are saying i'm right, or not? try please, see what dummy sound does :), it disables HLE

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
olivieryuyu said:
for me the dummy mode crashes emu (???????) :(
Tried it for me and it's the dsame thing... very confusing... did you check something fed? Or what are you doing?

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
I think that Dummy sound and Audio HLE in the Sound Configuration screen are inversed.
It's **sortof** logic that disabling HLE crashes the emu

olivieryuyu

Federelli said:
I think that Dummy sound and Audio HLE in the Sound Configuration screen are inversed.
It's **sortof** logic that disabling HLE crashes the emu

may be ?

other interpretation: if HLE is disabled it could use LLE

Well only Lac could answer .... what a pity that Nemu is discontinued as the sound was so great ...

MasterPhW

olivieryuyu said:
may be ?

other interpretation: if HLE is disabled it could use LLE

Well only Lac could answer .... what a pity that Nemu is discontinued as the sound was so great ...
You never know, that nemu is discontinuedm because lac could improve this great emu every time!

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Imagine if Lac and Lemmy where to join once again and improve Nemu, or at least release a bugfix release, fixing whatever they can without working too much :)

I'd be the happiest man alive :D

MasterPhW

Federelli said:
Imagine if Lac and Lemmy where to join once again and improve Nemu, or at least release a bugfix release, fixing whatever they can without working too much :)

I'd be the happiest man alive :D
Not only you!
But we will never know... let's wait and see...