What's new

another stupid LoZ:MM telescope problem to add to the list

nickel7000

i was hesitant to start a new thread at first, since i posted an OoT problem only last week... but i have tried everything i can do on my own, and ive browsed through the first 10 or 15 pages of this forum and cant find a solution for my problem.

in Majora's Mask, when i look through the telescope, everything is fine at first. i see just fine, it moves just fine. however after the tear falls down from the moon, the telescope tracks it towards the ground and then it freezes on the tree. i tried again in windowed mode (i was in fullscreen the first time). same thing as before but i noticed that the VI/s starts going crazy. it jumps up to the 2000's, and from what i can tell.. it alternates from 2500-something to 2800-something at an incredible rate. i was using Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 graphic plugin both times. i tried switching back to the standard Nemu64 Graphics plugin and gave it a third try. when i used the telescope with that plugin, i didnt see anything through the telescope at all. i prefer not to use Nemu's plugin anyways, since for some reason, i can only get fullscreen with jabo's. so if someone could give me an idea for how to stop it from freezing on that tree using jabo's plugin, id really appreciate it.

thanks in advance.

specs: WinME, 320MB RAM, Pentium III 858Mhz, NVidia GeForce2 MX 100/200

OP
N

nickel7000

wow. this solved my MM telescope problem AND my OoT dampe problem. thanks

...however, whenever it goes to a new day in MM now, it locks up for about a minute or so before showing the "The ___ Day. __ Hours Remain" screen. i can see this as becoming a very annoying problem. any suggestion?

OP
N

nickel7000

well i was able to select it as my graphic plugin, but it gives me countless errors such as "Your video card doesn't support GL_ARB_textured_mirrored_repeat extension", "Error: uCode crc not found in INI, using currently selected uCode. 22099872", "SetPixelFormat failed", and "Error setting display mode". i spent 15 minutes changing various options in the video card settings. every time, i get those same 4 errors. im thinking that i just cannot use the wrapper with my graphic card.

just so no one has to scroll up, my card is: nVidia GeForce2 MX 100/200

OP
N

nickel7000

well i had the glide64.dll in my plugin folder, and the glide3x.dll in the folder with the emulator. i also had the .ini in there, but since you said i probably had something in the wrong place, i put the .ini in the plugin folder. i loaded up the game and still got the "Your video card doesn't support GL_ARB_textured_mirrored_repeat extension" error, but then it proceeded. i could see the game. i tried to make it fullscreen, and then it gave me the same old "SetPixelFormat failed" and "Error setting display mode" errors......

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Sounds like everything is in the right place now. Those errors also sound like very early versions of Hacktarux's wrapper, but you said you're using evoodoo, so... What version of evoodoo are you using? I've found 3.99 and 4 alpha to be the best versions, and nemesis to be the worst- dunno if it's supposed to cause errors though. You can also try Hacktarux's wrapper (yes current versions are very good)- it's newer and works better with newer versions of glide64 as long as your card does good OpenGL, and I think yours does. If you downloaded one of the glide64 service packs you have it. Just overwrite the glide3x.dll already in your emu folder and you'll be set.