What's new

Voodoo!

smcd

I've got a Voodoo3 (and a 3d blaster banshee) lying around the house... but no spare machine. You should try to get a voodoo5, they're cheap on places like ebay.

smcd

Hey, sounds like a good deal, run some Quake on that thing (if it's your sort of thing).

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I'm majorly happy with my Voodoo 3 3000 AGP video card now, despite it sucked back in good ol' 2001. Back in 2001, the support, for at least the majority of Voodoo video cards, was going down the toilet :(. Back in 2001, when PJ64 debuted, I was required to get a video card that was better with Direct3D to get better GFX at all :(. ............... But now, I can enjoy Glide now ;)

Viva Voodoo 3!!!

jdsony

Nice buy! I bought one about 8 or 9 months ago for the same purpose and it was really excellent for some of the games that didn't work with my Radeon. I tooks it out because I wasn't using it enough but there have been 3 or so Glide64 updates since then so I should really throw it back in!

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I like it a lot, kind of disappointed it doesnt support HWFB, but as Glide64 progresses that won't be a big deal. I love the fact I can see the pause menus in conker now along with several other things, like the motion blur scenes (except they run at 0.99 FPS)

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I definatly like my Voodoo4 4500 AGP (traded a while ago with a emutalk member :)). I'm going to stick it in a ol' 800 mrz thunderbird, then use it for earlier emulation and Glide games, such as FF7/8, Turok, Tomb Raider and lots of other good ol' games. Ahhhhh, the power of Voodoo. :D Just wish I was actually home to use it... but noooo, I'm in wyoming 'till October on a job. *sigh*. :(
- Modem

mesman00

What's that...?
i have been using an older comptuer that was lying around my basement for the last week while i wait for my new harddrive to arrive. i opened the properties window to adjust the screen resolution, and saw this. i totally forgot i even owned a voodoo 3. oh well, still don't plan on using it, but i remember the days when i did.

Reznor007

For desktop/2D windows stuff it supports 32bit just fine. It's 3d rendering where it is stuck to 16bit.

And modem, FF7/8 PC are Direct3D games, not Glide ;)