What's new

Show me your desktop!!

mesman00

What's that...?
heres mine, i love motorcycles, suzuki gsx-r 600M (special lmtd. edition telefonica) is whats on my desktop. im a freak when it comes to organization, so thats why everything is arranged!

Eddy

I Run This
wow these desktops look kind of nasty, i really liked malcolm's and redah's. But the others are just weird. RatTrap you have style designing graphics, what went wrong :plain:

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hehe.. what went wrong?.. funny one.. it's not your type of design so you think something is wrong :p.. the one you have on is not very original.. you see that kind of plain design everywhere.. i've made a bunch of those when that type of design was new.. now it's boring.. no offence.. but i'm really tired of it.. you see it everywhere.. not at all original.. and that is what i allways try to do.. something as original as possible.. the only reason The Company website and the Apollo website look kind of similiar in ways is that i was asked to make something similiar to the Apollo site hehe.. if it was completly up to me.. i would make things completly diferent each time.. like the pj64 and apollo sites are very diferent.. there is no real design on my desktop.. only functionality and pics of what i'm working on.. the 3d babe is something i've been working on for years.. and the sketch is what i'm painting this month.. the icons if you look closelly.. have been kinda connected with colors.. to show wich programs i use while doing diferent projects.. so it's more like funkystyle :p..

Eddy

I Run This
the 3d model looks cool its jus thtat the icons being scattered everywhere looks messy, n i know my desktop isnt origianl, i dont try. Simplicity is the best thing in life.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
well for the icons.. like i told you.. they are in order.. it's not at all messy to me.. with -funky- i mean as in functional.. the order of the icons.. if you look at them.. is very very functional to me.. notice how big the pic is.. i don't need to have programs i run maximized coz i run high-res.. they fitt on 1/4th of the screen..

simplicity?.. sure.. it's nice.. but i don't agree on simplicity being the best thing in life.. i think balance is.. let's say you allways make that kind of simple design.. all your life.. then how do you know?.. if you could've come up with something so much better?.. something new and original?.. if you only had tried to do it?.. you'll never know that way :).. but i guess you don't care bout growing in mind.. and i guess you don't care to learn new things that much.. coz you just wanna keep things simple right? :p..

i was one of the many ppl who started to do the kind of design you have on your desktop when the style was new.. so believe me i've been there.. now.. i reaaally just like to make things as original as possible.. try to make new things and diferent every time.. coz it gives me new ideas.. i learn alot from it.. if i keep making sites that look like the apollo site all my life.. i'll never know how to make anything else.. right?.. so simplicity my ass :p.. it's as relative as the sky is blue.. it's like saying that simplicity is freedom.. how wack is that.. i've seen ppl say that.. i'm not saying you do.. but i've talked to alot of ppl bout this subject.. and i must say.. keeping things simple.. i mean.. all the time.. in any part of your life.. is like chaining yourself to the wall you know/like best.. never changing that.. is SO incredibly chicken in my eyes.. never having any balls to do something new.. is simple.. sure.. but allways wanting things simple is creating a cage by yourself.. for yourself :p..

Eddy

I Run This
Well i can respect it, dont get me wrong, i like to keep my shit original, just that im the type of person who likes everything neat, and orgainzed. I keep my desktop simple. Ok the icons are in order. I can respect that. No problem.

A simple thing can be the biggest to another, and vice versa. So remember that. I also make my own desktops. Thats the least of problems to me.

Not to sound like im mad or anything. but:

.. but i guess you don't care bout growing in mind.. and i guess you don't care to learn new things that much..

thats not a nice thing to say, i dont mind if you where one of the people who started to make these desktops (????) i just use it.

I really like your designs, they look real original. And simple. You need to realize that, a site such as apollo's for example, doesnt need a big, complex design. So you cannot base your example on just 1 site. I think that the apollo site is just right for it, but imagine the apollo design.. for vgn..? do you think it would fit? i think not. So you make designs according to the needs.

I have my things to what i feel i require, need, or want. I have alot of other things to do before i start with 3dsmax and maya again. I got into them a bit, but never followed, because i started programming :) but back to the discussion.

I think you are not the only one who wants to progress in life, take that into consideration. Until i have a need to make my own background, ill pick up on it. That doesnt mean that im ignorant in your eyes, or silly. I like your designs and all, they look real nice. But now you jsut threw me off. I just lost respect for you.

To cut a long story short, you have very nice site designs, and overall nice designs. You got me all wrong, what may be complex to you can be simple for me, and vice versa. Im doing a web site on my pc. Its coming along slow and all, and its going to be nice when i get it done. Your opinions and martin's opinions are what count most to me, whenever i get the chance, ill send you a screenshot or something. Hope you understood.

-Eddy

RatTrap

GODLIKE
yeah well now you went and flipped it all around.. your first two posts seemd very ignorant to me too.. it's what got me started in the first place.. i lost respect back then too.. i would'nt if you hadn't made that comment bout everyones desktops being weird looking etc.. and then saying.. RatTrap.. what happend?.. or whatever you said heh.. i just really don't like when ppl come into a discussion.. and start the -putting everyone else down while pushing themselfs up- thing.. (i do it sometimes myself and i try to get better on that.. coz i really dislike that side of me :p).. but whenever somebody else does it.. i know i have to get in there and bother the person.. especially when he makes some imo ignorant comments bout the topic.. and even more so when the person really don't seem to really know that much bout the thing he has started putting other ppl down about..

for one.. i don't think most guys in here really care to design their own desktop wallpapers.. they just wanna share how it looks.. just like i did.. i'm not like proud of my designs really.. if you'd known me better.. you would know i dislike the design of the Apollo site.. i think it's far from perfect in my eyes.. i've remade it a few times.. and the last remake i did.. lookd way better.. but i've never taken the time to do the html for it.. dunno.. might happen in the future someday..

and of course.. i could probably remake the vgn or any site like that into something designed like the Apollo site.. but maybe not the layout.. you'll most probably see what i mean in the somewhat near future :p..

and btw.. yeah designs DO have names :p.. me and the designer guys i know.. would call the desktop you've got there.. a late 90s or simple style type of design.. and most design ppl i know.. call the apollo one retro-futuristic.. and that's not even something i started calling it or made up.. that was what they said.. wich i agreed on too after hearing them call it that.. so yes.. we do not all see the same in a design.. but we do know what the design we see is.. unless we're blind :p.. and you don't seem to be.. coz i mean.. your desktop don't look bad really.. in my personal opinion it looks cool and simple.. just that (also in my own personal opinion) it lacks balls.. i think i could've replied to you saying "look who's talking".. and left it at that.. but the way you had been posting untill this last one.. really gave you away as one of em who does one type of design and nothing else.. there's a multitude of those guys online.. and i'm not saying they should'nt exist or that your one of them.. but i just wish they would be more open minded and think b4 they say what they think bout other ppl styles.. coz there's so many that i could'nt name anyone in the world who knows what they are all called or even explain them all to you..

then the other thing that i said that you qouted me on.. you left out the :p.. and the "coz you just wanna keep things simple right?".. maybe you don't know me well enugh to figure it out.. but it seems weird.. that you didn't get that i was teasing you.. that's why i put the tounge in the end :p.. whenever i do this :p.. it means i'm not to be taken 100% seriously.. i wasn't mad at you or ticked off really.. i hardly ever get mad.. when i dislike what someone says.. i tease them alot though.. in a very plain way.. it ticks ppl off.. and i like that :p..

so now you've seen my :p in action.. maybe you'll know not to take me seriously all the time till next time :p..

one other thing.. bout progressing in life.. sure i take in consideration that others want to grow in life too.. i never said i didn't.. but what i'm saying is.. that balance is far more important to me then simplicity.. i love it when things are easy and simple for me.. sure who does'nt.. but if it was allways like that.. i would get bored very fast.. don't you agree?.. i'm saying take a chance on chaos now and then.. don't just wait for it to happen.. but make it happen.. make chaos.. and then find order in it.. or keep the chaos for a while.. who knows you might like it for a lil bit.. then going back to simple might be alot more apreciated by you.. it'll do you good :p.. it was no way of saying you suck coz you know nothing or anything like that.. it was more like an advice that i was giving.. trying to make you think.. that's all :)..

Eddy

I Run This
Ok, you arent proud of your designs. Thats understandable, almost all artists never feel like they did all the nessesary things, and never see it completed in their eyes.

Well sure you can make the vgn design onto apollo, but it wouldnt fit right, its too much content for 4 menus and such a small sized page, but it can be done. Too many menus to convert or shorten down to > 10

Since im not majoring on graphic arts or taking courses on it, i dont know about naming and all that. Im not here to talk about lacking balls or none of that homo shit, but i guess what you mean is that it lacks "creativity" in your eyes, or just some things you are used to doing on your pics. RatTrap, no matter how much you try, whenever a person is designing a background, they start with their foundation, a small custom made foundation, that everyone follows at the beginning, and then develops onto something totally different. Everyone has a different style, and you cant say it lacks creativity, or balls, that dont make sense. I never said your background lacked balls or creativity. The background-icon placement thing looks cool, and the people in the background looked cool also, as well as the model, i myself, as in me, eddy, i, did not like the final product.

Well i dont think im the correct person to try to "tease" because im trying to have a serious conversation, not no stupid shit you tryin to joke around wit me. If that really got to you, then all you could have said was eddy i aint appreciate that, and dont do it again. And that would have been it.

sure i take in consideration that others want to grow in life too.. i never said i didn't.. but what i'm saying is.. that balance is far more important to me then simplicity

thats some bullshit. Read back what you wrote, and the quote i put, does that make sense? come on man...

Thanks for the chaos tip. :plain: and come on, lol, this is a emulation forum, on the internet. This is getting too out of hand, this is going nowhere, and ill try to stop replying, neither of us make sense. Just take into consideration, that you too, need to view other things, and not only have your eyes, fixed on your own work and greatness.

-Eddy

OP
flow``

flow``

flow``
good i guess :)

just wish i could do what i wanted to do with them but can't for the next month or so b/c i'm moving and have to concentrate on packing and all that stuff. plus i'm waiting on a new 10 gig hd so i can put the n64 roms on the 30 since i dont have enough space on this 30 for the progs and roms to all fit :(

don't worry. give me some time and in a few months you will see the reason i needed them all :)

Eddy

I Run This
ill wait for the ini :) i bought a 60 gb because the roms are killing my 30 too, i have 957 now :) ill catch up

OP
flow``

flow``

flow``
all good dumps are 12.9 GB (13,910,409,216 bytes)

i couldnt fit them all; but i'm pretty sure the complete set (-2 unreleased) come to about 26 gigs i think

note: thats unzipped and byteswapped. i unzipped mine b/c older emu's dont have zip support.

i have 957 now :) ill catch up

i think around 1005 or so was the # of roms including all good dumps (and the untagged dumps; eg Bass Racing Ecogear Power Worm Championship (J)) and "good public demos" (none of that hacked/trained stuff)

i think that # will reduce since i used to talk to cowering after the release of goodn64 0.999.7 and i tried to get him to resolve those untagged and [a1] dumps; many of which were found as bad or hacked.

P.S. Smiff: on the Turok E [a1] [!] comment in pj64 saying "might be a bad dump?" <---you were correct :)

cowering said it was probably a BETA although couldnt say for sure.

ill wait for the ini :)
What INI? :p

i've got my mind more toward an online compat list (with settings and comments) for either corn or trwin (still waiting on a reply from an important email from RCP) to start with. call it pointless if you want but i figured i had to start somewhere and they were as good as any on the note that i wouldnt have to re-write them unless RCP comes back or something new software wise totally shakes up things (maybe a new dx or drivers). i dont want to set any ETA (estimated time of arrival) date for any of this since i'm still waiting on someone *cough* to upgrade his comp and other things.