What's new

Show me your desktop!!

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I prefer gnome just for one reason : i have a psychological problem with kde => the qt library is not a free software !

RatTrap

GODLIKE
ah well.. it seemd funny to me.. actually still sounds funny to me.. guess i have a diferent kind of humor :p

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
RatTrap said:
ah well.. it seemd funny to me.. actually still sounds funny to me.. guess i have a diferent kind of humor :p

Actually, that was not really supposed to be funny.... It's really serious, the qt library is not open source, and the version distributed with kde is something like a demo version of the library. Trolltech can stop the evolution of kde when they want. And they have already claimed that they want to stop the demo version (this was one year ago, dunno if it's still in their projects).
It's because of this license problem that sun and redhat prefer gnome....

2fast4u

alright, here's the apology for not posting in my personal obession-thread :/ - my computer is shot. :(

however, look at my sig :)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hacktarux.. what are you talking about?.. i've been looking at the funny picks thread and saw a bunch of stupid bush and bin ladin stuff.. went in here and saw mohammeds desktop and could'nt resist lol.. it was just there.. staring at me haha.. i dunno about you guys but eather way i don't really care much.. get over it..

and about Gnome and Enlightenment.. KDE is just i dunno.. it reminds me to much of windows.. it's like a bad windows wannabe.. yeah sure EnlightendGNOME can be like KDE if you like too but it's at least really trying hard to be original.. and that is what i like so KDE to me is just somehow really just taking up space.. then the internal KDE browser and Konquerer are both pretty out of standard (at least they where last time i checked).. so to me as a Webdev guy.. it's just behind and i don't support them.. just as mohammed said though.. better run without any shell environment.. much better.. especially if your running server apps on it..

rob in london

amiga nut
i use gnome with sawfish, if anyones interested. i think Mohammed Yousif has the best looking desktop so far, even if he doesnt have the nicest background. arabic text looks very cool even if i have absolutely no idea what it says.