What's new

Panzer Dragoon Saga glitch at the Forbidden Zone.

Onion

Dirty Communist
I go to the Forbidden Zone and solve the "puzzle" there, and then defeat the fleet of ships. An FMV sequence occurs involving Craymen's lackie...guy...person. After the sequence, I hop on my dragon and chase after the girl whose name I don't know yet. In the sky, Edge interrogates her as she attacks you.
After the first time she shoots lasers, Edge quietly says, "Don't make me attack you." then he says to her "Why are you working for Craymen?" However, only a split second of the voice recording for it plays, then the voice stops. The dragons continue flying their endless course and the caption "Why are you working for Craymen?" is on the bottom and this is where it stays. The motion of the dragons hasn't stopped, so it isn't frozen; but, if I left it there for ten minutes and came back, it would still say "Why are you working for Craymen?" with dragons flying.

My question is: what's wrong here? (I've tried this twice, by the way.)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
"Don't make me attack you."
"Why are you working for Craymen?"
It seems mostly like a walkthrough rather than a post :p
Anyway, this is a common problem of the emulator and the particular game and unfortunately there isn't a way to fix it.

OP
Onion

Onion

Dirty Communist
Yeah, I tend to sound like that.
Well...poop. Thanks anyway.

Edit
Huh...3 or 4 times this happened, then instead of loading and going right there, I left and mucked around in the desert for awhile. Lo and behold, when I came back it was fine and I was able to proceed.

Last edited:

davidmwag

I successfully got this working by setting the affinity of the process to use less processors.

Step by step:
1. Start SSF (may or may not work with other emulators)
2. ctrl, alt, del
3. processes tab
4. find ssf, and right click it
5. "set affinity"
6. let the option menu stay open, and run your game in another window up to the point where it freezes
7. right before the part of freezing, uncheck some processors (i have 8 and unchecked 5, leaving 3)
8.????
9. profit

This worked for me, and i hope it will work for some of you so much that i registered an account just to dig up a thread dead for years.