What's new

Games "bog", run real slow!!

josher4life

I finally got the emulator to work only to encounter another problem: when I open the ROMs to play them, they move very slow (like it's in slow motion). Computer games do this sometimes too but all the ROMs I have tried do this. I have a 1.4 Ghz Athlon with 256 MB of SDRAM and my OS is XP Pro. I have great video and sound cards with the right drivers as well as the latest version of DirectX. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to what may be causing this. Thanks. :batman:

Last edited:

BountyJedi

josher4life said:
I finally got the emulator to work only to encounter another problem: when I open the ROMs to play them, they move very slow (like it's in slow motion). Computer games do this sometimes too but all the ROMs I have tried do this. I have a 1.4 Ghz Athlon with 256 MB of SDRAM and my OS is XP Pro. I have great video and sound cards with the right drivers as well as the latest version of DirectX. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to what may be causing this. Thanks. :batman:
the ram!!!!!!!
my friend has got about that much ram too with winxp home and it lags after some time when the ram gets fild and i starts with the swap file so for example compressing big files into zips takes atleast twice the time for him as for me (with 512 ram) and it was fsater on mine with compression on high or so and hs was just set to storage (no compression just put em in an archive uncompressed)

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Check that you are using a 16bit colour depth for your desktop resolution. (Right click desktop, properties, settings tab. If you're using 32bit, either switch to 16bit or switch off 2xSAI if it's enabled. Just about all i can think of. Hope it helps.

OP
josher4life

josher4life

ok, I upgraded to 512 MB Ram and still have lag issues. Will try the settings advice on last post. Thanks to both of you for helping me try to resolve these issues as it is very frustrating. Thanks, again. :batman:

knowitman

Your processor is fine. Is there anything you are running in the background? Did you try the settings that Nick_kidid0 suggested.