rdb wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
OmegaFirebolt said:
crash that the setting prevents is the crash that happens after 1 round of battle. try it. before I changed the setting it crashed every time after one round, couldn't get to next battle. after enabling larger compile buffer it let me finish the entire game.

hows that for a fix?

great except, when I tried it it didn't make any difference, can anyone else get this to work?

EDIT: i got it, thanks, except its not LCB at all, RDRAM size. god i hate fixes that need me to play games.

anyway yah shit this thread has loads of potential, its basically everything related to PJ, take it away guys and girls.

Allnatural

Found a fix for the Turok level 4 freeze. Set CF=1.

Just a note, ABL needs to be on to keep the speed up (on my PC anyway), just in case some folks set the global setting off.

:)

Allnatural

Got another one nailed down.;)

Donkey Kong 64 (U) works if you set CF=3. There are still graphic issues, a kind of warping and stretching of some textures, but it plays fine.:)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Allnatural said:
Got another one nailed down.;)

Donkey Kong 64 (U) works if you set CF=3. There are still graphic issues, a kind of warping and stretching of some textures, but it plays fine.:)

U R GOD

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
EdgeBlade said:
If I can help by testing or anything Smiff, let me know. I can PM you a list of ROMs I have if wanted.

Anything you can make better at all, in any way, please just stick it down here. at the end of my list is stuff that i would particularly like checked out.

Allnatural

Dang, I can't find your FTP address Smiff, and I probably saw it somewhere but missed it.:innocent:

I've got states for Turok and DK64. Do you want a state of Turok in level 4, or about to enter level 4? I can do both.:)

Allnatural

guest/guest, I should have figured.:lookaroun

I started transfer and realized I forgot to zip the states.:eek: I canceled and started over hoping the re-transfer would overwrite the old. Hope I didn't screw anything up.:blush:

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
I can't recall having problems with any of the Mario Partys... What does "SMCM" stand for. And what would you like me to check once I can (@ school right now)? Just that they work, or hunt down any probs I can?

Allnatural

I checked a while back and Nightmare Ceatures did run on an older version. 1.3 if I remember correctly. There were a number of opcode errors, but the game still ran, albeit slow.

Allnatural

Am I reading this right? Under "status changed without fixes" You list SSB as going from Compatible to PJ64 Version. I haven't had any problems with that game, other than the missing selection hand on the character select menu. It's still quite playable. ???

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Allnatural said:
Am I reading this right? Under "status changed without fixes" You list SSB as going from Compatible to PJ64 Version. I haven't had any problems with that game, other than the missing selection hand on the character select menu. It's still quite playable. ???

yeeeah im debating about that. for games that only have smaller issues probably just suggest older version in Notes and leave as "compatible"? what do you think?

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Allnatural said:
I checked a while back and Nightmare Ceatures did run on an older version. 1.3 if I remember correctly. There were a number of opcode errors, but the game still ran, albeit slow.

well if there are unhandled opcodes i dont want to suggest using it, can anyone spend the time to check this out?

Allnatural

Smiff said:

well if there are unhandled opcodes i dont want to suggest using it, can anyone spend the time to check this out?
Actually, I just checked again with 1.3. No errors this time (maybe I was seeing things before), but most of the graphics were missing, like, everything but the health bar.:!!!: It was running though. I fiddled with all of the graphic settings, but couldn't find the problem.

On SSB. What problems are people reporting? I was playing just now and having a good time. The missing hand can be fixed by using Jabo's 1.3 plugin (though you can still select a character without the hand). Maybe just make that note, unless you think people will be confused about "installing" additional plugins.:lookaway: :sly:

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah when i set "PJ64 version" im referring to either the core OR the plugin, not both. i need to clarify which. something like "PJ64 core v." and "PJ64 plugin v."

Allnatural

Smiff said:
yeah when i set "PJ64 version" im referring to either the core OR the plugin, not both. i need to clarify which. something like "PJ64 core v." and "PJ64 plugin v."
That should do it.;)

Man, this is going to be a sweet update. Almost like a version 1.5:thumbsup: :)

Allnatural

And what's with you changing the name of this thread every 20 minutes.:sly: You're making it hard to find every time I come back.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.