What's new

Are your Fav DC Games emulated

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Okay, there is only one Emu (Chankast) out there now, but in this thread I want to ask you, if your fav games are emulated and what you want to see better (the GFX, speed...)
If there will be more out, these thread will begin to reopen I think (and with every new Chankast version) so begin to write your opinions.
I begin with my ones:

*Utopia Boot Disk (it was so great to see it the first time on my DC) can see it and use it :)
*Soul Calibur: bootbale but very slow for me :(
*Sonic 2: GeForce User can't play these great games... :(
*DoA2LE: Yeah, great, some little bugs but nothing more

You see... very bad for me.... but finally I can play Midnight Club!
Chankast (utilities) ROCKZ!

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Hmmm... i hadn't got any fav Dreamcast game , DC wasn't even a success at all... But I'm starting to like Sonic adventures , and DOA2 is teh rox , if i only had a empty CD to make it boot properly... :D

blizz

I have my original DC and all my favourite games, you can't beat sitting infront of the TV with the controller ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
H3ad5h0tter said:
Dc wasn't even a success at all.

It was in japan, so that's a lie. It was also decently popular in europe for a while too, it just lost popularity over time

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

But it was a great thing... had 53 games for it... now only 28, because some were very sh*t...

IceWarm

Well most Sega home console hardware never did well for some reason. The hardware was good and all that but it just never really sold that well. Look at the SegaCD and the Sega 32X for example. Both of those things were pretty much dead on arrival from what I remember. The Genesis was definitely their most successful system in my opinion. Also when the Dreamcast first came out I did not buy one based on their previous track record. I was right and the system only lasted about 2 years in North America. It did very well in Japan though. I've since bought a pre-used Dreamcast for cheap. I would have been pretty pissed if I had bought one at launch and then support for it stopped after about 2 years. Overall my opinion on Sega is they make good systems, they just don't sell well, which is a shame. Their systems for the most part, apart from a couple disasters are very good.

Last edited:

Ximenes

IceWarm said:
Look at the SegaCD and the Sega 32X for example. Both of those things were pretty much dead on arrival from what I remember.

I have to agree with you on the SegaCD thing.
I got one WAY back when they first hit the stores as a gift. Damn thing stopped working after maybe 2 weeks, so I unhooked it and tossed it into the box where most of my old gaming stuff went and forgot about it... wasn't a big loss, only game I had for it that it would play was Sewer Shark and I didn't really like that game anyway.

Dug the old SegaCD out a month or so ago and took it apart to see what was wrong and if I could get it to work again. To me it looked perfectly fine, didn't see a burn mark, unconnected/cut/melted/damaged wires.

If my SegaCD had worked for more then 2 weeks I'd have tried finding more games for it. Same with the DreamCast, Sega only put out a handfull of games for it that I was really interested in enough to buy them instead of renting them, PSO (Ver 1) being the most notable... but since the US version lacked BBA support and I have a DSL line, I had to connect my DCs modem to my PC and use some program, the name of which I forget, to connect me to a PSO server. The connection was unstable, at best, and I lost at least 4 characters to the black screen...

As far as emulation goes, as long as I can play PSO and the few other DC game I own on my laptop (which I've been doing thus far) I'm happy.

IceWarm

Also from what I remember most, if not all of the SegaCD games relied too much on full motion video(FMV) and really left no room for much gameplay of any kind. They would have been better off making more traditional games with more music, better graphics, and more levels than glorified "interactive movies" as I seem them anyway.

OP
MasterPhW

MasterPhW

But for example SonicCD: it's a great game, with some cool gfx (for the time it was released), great sound and a big gameplay. But it was a shame that the time travel things wasn't used in a better way.
Another great game I had (a long time ago) for the SegaCD was one of the 2 (or three?) lunar games, which were released. It had a great (FMV like) Intro, with a good jap (?) song a lot of speech and a long playtime.
Okay, there were a lot of games which very total crap, but some of them were great too...

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
Lunar owns! :bouncy: i still have a working sega cd @.@ lol i really miss sega as a hardware developer they were cool and had alot of fresh and interesting ideas.. the way i look at it is.

Sega Genesis) Blew my mind when i got it as a kid i was just amazed at this blue creature and how fast he could jump and how he could tottally kick marios arse.

Sega CD) Not to impressive but it had its moments.. lol as a kid i thought the FMV was the shiznite... like the wave of the future! betamax style.. yep.

Sega Saturn) I seriously wanted this system as a kid but i had just not to long ago gotten an snes and couldnt get it : ( props to sega once again for releaseing the FIRST CONSOLE WITH ONLINE PLAY that online wave we see today is tottally segas baby.

Sega Dreamcast) I nearly had a heart attack finding out sega was releaseing this baby drove my parents nuts wanted one sobad for xmas played the hell out of it loved it and i still do. (also further pioneering the online play before anyone else) Sega Dreamcast owned and i wish to god it hadent died like it did i hear alot of things that contributed to it, some stuff with microsoft (dont forget they worked on the sega dreamcast before makeing X box takeing alot of valuable info from Sega about the gameing world leeches :saint:) and some other junk.. i mean they had alot planned for it to like that expansion thing i forget what it was called but i really wanted one sega was my fav game companyno doubt tho : /. :bye3:

IceWarm

Yes, there were a few good SegaCD games but in my opinion they were few and far between. Most of the SegaCD games were mostly FMV stuff from the ones I played a long time ago.