What's new

Emulator bug?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There's something odd...
On my system, Project64 runs very well. Version 1.4.
But if I use 1964 0.7.3 with version 1.4 of jabo's plugin, it fails to hit full speed. No matter what game. It goes ~30 fps in normal situation. Otherwise ~50 fps.
This isn't normal speed! It's supposed to be 60 VI/s in those games.

Plugins:
Azimer v0.30 (new).
All default settings.
??? Doesn't happen with v1.3 of jabo's plugin.
What could be wrong?
My specs are in my signature.

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
which version of 1964 are you using? ini? i am running 7.3 and it does the it exact opposite of slowing down, it goes to fast. im definently not complaning, id rather have it to fast than to slow, but i definently dont think you have hit a bug.

btw when you mentiioned 0.3 new is that your way of saying 0.3rev2.2 or what? if it is then i would recomend that you do one of the following-
a. use 0.3 old driver
b. use 0.4 beta

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

little_dogus1 said:
which version of 1964 are you using? ini? i am running 7.3 and it does the it exact opposite of slowing down, it goes to fast. im definently not complaning, id rather have it to fast than to slow, but i definently dont think you have hit a bug.

btw when you mentiioned 0.3 new is that your way of saying 0.3rev2.2 or what? if it is then i would recomend that you do one of the following-
a. use 0.3 old driver
b. use 0.4 beta
1st, I'm using 0.7.3 (the latest?).
2nd, it's 0.3 rev 2.2, yes. I'll test the old driver.
Where can I get the beta? ???

Witten

Emulator Developer
Doom, 0.40b2 was included with the 0.7.2 release.

I dunno why your pc runs those games so slow but you could check the romsettings and disable the speedlimiter to see what speeds you get. Are you using frame buffer emulation with Jabo's GFX Plugin?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i know wat ur prob is. u just got the 0.7.3 patch and patched it over 0.7.1 . that's why u dont hav the new sound plugin.

u need to get 0.7.2, and then patch that instead. then ull hav azimar's 0.4beta .

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Update:
I've tested the new to patch 0.7.2 to 0.7.3, same result.
I also tested:

New Azimer's audio 0.3 revision 2.2 (or whatever it was), works slow. Goes like ~50 fps until both characters drops on the table on ssb, then it slows down.

Old audio (0.3 old driver), goes in like full speed until both drop on the table and slows down.

I also tested Direct6 4.0 of jabo's plugin. This works perfect.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
u r doing something wrong as u shouldnt hav Azimar's REV2.2 in ur folder.

if i was u, uninstall it with registry patches supplied in the uninstall folder, delete the folder. re-extract 0.7.2, patch it with 0.7.3, and then copy ur plugins....isnt usually this complicated...just if it still doesnt work then i dunno wats wrong. but i neva copy new versions (eg. 0.7.1 --> 0.7.2) over each other unless its like a patch. much safer that way.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

I'm doing nothing wrong. I know why it is there, and I don't care if it is. I don't need to uninstall the whole damn thing.
The reason it's there is because I have all plugins from ALL emulators (Pj64 and 1964) in one folder. I don't delete them whatsoever, so when I upgraded, I still had the old plugin left :)