What's new

Mupen64 0.4 source code

GuillaumeH

Hello,

I'm using Linux (debian sid) .

I've compiled mupen 0.4 and tried to compile all the plugins, but not all of them did work. Those who didn't are :

blight input plugin 0.0.8-b (well, it compiles but then there is no .so file)
GAP 0.5
rice daedalus
gln64 0.4.1 (it's the most embarrasing, cause it seems that it is the one that works better on my PC)

And thanks to evangoav1111's trick I could compile glide.

While compiling gln64, the error is (in french) :

Combiner.cpp: Dans function « void Combiner_SelectCombine(long long unsigned int) »:
Combiner.cpp:351: error: constante entière trop grande pour le type « long »

The 2nd line reads : integer constant too large for the "long" type.

Any suggestions to solve the problem ?

blight

Hacktarux, what would you think of creating a mupen64 project at sourceforge and put up the source in CVS so people can send patches against CVS and somebody can apply & commit them if they're ok so others can test new features ;)

kyuso

GuillaumeH said:
Hello,

I'm using Linux (debian sid) .

I've compiled mupen 0.4 and tried to compile all the plugins, but not all of them did work. Those who didn't are :

blight input plugin 0.0.8-b (well, it compiles but then there is no .so file)
GAP 0.5
rice daedalus
gln64 0.4.1 (it's the most embarrasing, cause it seems that it is the one that works better on my PC)

While compiling gln64, the error is (in french) :

Combiner.cpp: Dans function « void Combiner_SelectCombine(long long unsigned int) »:
Combiner.cpp:351: error: constante entière trop grande pour le type « long »

Any suggestions to solve the problem ?

Append 'LL' at the end of the long long constant.

It's the same in riceplugin: append 'LL' for all long long constants. I also found that
OGLExtCombiner.cpp and OGLCombinerTNT2.cpp has braces around GL_* elements
which also had empty field after commas, so I had to remove those braces and the
empty commas.

One problem with riceplugin: It tries to modify ini file or config file from the plugin directory, but in linux that is supposed to be read-only. The program should try to load from user configuration directory rather than plugins directory. I am trying to test if it will work if I remove strcat("plugins") in the PluginDir function. Rice doesn't seem to need plugins anyway.

I also found that mupen64 configure uses tempfile and my linux distribution (Fedora Core 3) only has mktemp, so I had to replace them.

blight_input I made it compile by inserting #include <ft2build.h> in src/SDL_ttf.c

I couldn't make GAP 0.5 compile at all. Too much conflict with system header and wrapper header prototypes.

radTube

lazy bastard
blight said:
Hacktarux, what would you think of creating a mupen64 project at sourceforge and put up the source in CVS so people can send patches against CVS and somebody can apply & commit them if they're ok so others can test new features ;)

Was just going to propose the same thing :p

Anyway, thanks for giving me another reason not to miss windows. Keep up the good work.

Kethinov

I am attempting to compile blight_input-0.0.8-b. During ./configure I get this:

Code:
checking for SDL - version >= 1.2.4... no
*** The sdl-config script installed by SDL could not be found
*** If SDL was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the SDL_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to sdl-config.

Then when I attempt to make, I get loads of errors. I'm running Debian sid. Any advice? I'm not sure what the messages I get after ./configure are telling me to do.

Kethinov

All right, still confused. I have the libsdl dev stuff installed that blight's plugin needs. sdl-config is in /usr/bin. But that configure script still can't find it. What should I do? :(

tux.coder

You can use prefixes for ./configure script.Type ./configure --help to get a list of prefixes.It will be like that :

./configure --with-sdl-path=/your/sdl/path/

I think this can help you.

Belegdol

evangoav1111 said:
I also get this problem when trying to compile glide64 . . .

In file included from wrapper/textures.cpp:9:
wrapper/main.h:19: `void (*glActiveTextureARB)(unsigned int)' redeclared as
different kind of symbol
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:2041: previous declaration of `void
glActiveTextureARB(unsigned int)'
wrapper/main.h:20: `void (*glMultiTexCoord2fARB)(unsigned int, float, float)'
redeclared as different kind of symbol
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:2053: previous declaration of `void
glMultiTexCoord2fARB(unsigned int, float, float)'
make: *** [wrapper/textures.o] Error 1
Same here.

GaMMa

I get this when trying to compile the GAP plugin... I need a working alsa plugin ;)

g++ -c -I/usr/include/alsa -mmmx -O2 -maccumulate-outgoing-args -fno-rtti -funroll-loops -fconserve-space -fno-access-control -fno-enforce-eh-specs -fno-optional-diags -Wno-pmf-conversions -fpic -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -fomit-frame-pointer -DNO_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -o audio.o audio.cpp
In file included from namespaces.h:32,
from audio.cpp:22:
/usr/include/alsa/mixer.h:157: error: expected `;' before '*' token
/usr/include/alsa/mixer.h:159: error: expected `;' before '*' token
make: *** [audio.o] Error 1

EDIT: Same error as http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=25053 but I didn't see a solution.. I'm going to uncomment the mixer code and see what happens..

Got it to compile, but it crashes on rom load. I got it to play once, although it made load clicking noises every half a second..

Last edited:

Miretank

Lurking
if i knew how to program... :( it's my dream... i wish to be like you guys someday... congrates hacktarux for the incredible work in n64 emulation :) i wish could help emulation world someday

Benjalien

Amd64???

Hi everyone, anyone already get the compile mupen64 on an amd64? I just get something like "the choosen processor doesn't support the x86-64 instruction set" :(

Help me Obi-One Kenobee, you're my only hope...

Benja

Tillmann

Whatever
Benjalien said:
Hi everyone, anyone already get the compile mupen64 on an amd64? I just get something like "the choosen processor doesn't support the x86-64 instruction set" :(

Help me Obi-One Kenobee, you're my only hope...

Benja
Try to used the binaries...
There is no way of you can compile it under x64 instructions. Well Not Today :) maybe in the next release it will be added the suport for it.

Benjalien

Binaries???

Hi Tillmann,

that sounds like a good idea (mainly since I installed a ia32 chroot), but where can I find those binaries???

Thanks!

Benja

blanky64

Lives in VB6
I just got Dev-C++ (minus MinGW) and hooked it up to my Cygwin GCC
- After a bit of tweaking to get around a couple of errors, it now compiles perfectly, and I have my own mupen64 build!! (cheers, etc.)

If anybody's interested, the problem that I had that no-one's mentioned in this thread (that I can see) is that I was missing the MAX_DIR, MAX_DRIVE etc. constants in rombrowser.c. (I replaced them with '65535', '25', and so on.)

Anyway, I just want to thank you for making (imho) the best nintendo 64 emulator, EVER. As soon as 0.5 comes out, I'm getting it straight away.