What's new

Mupen64 0.4 feedback thread

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Nin_10_Dough said:
I can't even change the core type, as soon as i select another one and press 'ok', it crashes. If i try to set the rom directory, it crashes. If i try to just load a game , it crashes when i click 'ok', before it actually loads the game -_-.

btw, version 0.3 works for me.

I've never heard about such problem, and it seems to be a gui problem. The GUI code hasn't been changed much between 0.3 and 0.4. It seems that it crashes each time the gui is trying to access a file in the mupen64 folder. Please check that you have all mupen64 files correctly installed and that you have write persmission for all files and subfolders.

Another question: which OS are you using and which version exactly ?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Olivieryuyu: can you try with interpreter too ? interpreter is almost as fast as dynarec in some games now that i have improved self mod code autodetection. When you use the dynarec, donc forget that the "no compiled jump" option fix a lot of compatibility issues (it's on by default, but maybe you have set it off)

Last edited:

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Right I have a question, most games work fine for me (I dont know what they are supposed to look like), but how do you use the gameslist on the gui for windows version it doesnt seem to want to work, I want to add games and notes to it but I dont know how.

olivieryuyu

Hacktarux said:
Olivieryuyu: can you try with interpreter too ? interpreter is almost as fast as dynarec in some games now that i have improved self mod code autodetection. When you use the dynarec, donc forget that the "no compiled jump" option fix a lot of compatibility issues (it's on by default, but maybe you have set it off)

well with interpreter it crashes or lock (and not with pure interpreter): Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh, DUKE NUKEM ZERO HOUR, Rugrats treasure Hunt (F), Legend of Zelda (U), WWF WrestleMania 2000, certainly others.

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Sammyboy: In the settings, add the directories where you have your roms. Then if you want to put a comment, right click on a game to edit its properties (you can also define custom plugins for this game there)

Nin_10_Dough

Hacktarux said:
I've never heard about such problem, and it seems to be a gui problem. The GUI code hasn't been changed much between 0.3 and 0.4. It seems that it crashes each time the gui is trying to access a file in the mupen64 folder. Please check that you have all mupen64 files correctly installed and that you have write persmission for all files and subfolders.

Another question: which OS are you using and which version exactly ?

I'm on XP pro with SP1. I redownloaded the setup file and installed again, and still no luck. I checked and all the files are writeable.

olivieryuyu

Nin_10_Dough said:
I'm on XP pro with SP1. I redownloaded the setup file and installed again, and still no luck. I checked and all the files are writeable.

gandalf have the same problem and use Windows XP, may be there's an incompatibility ? try the set window 9x compatibility on mupen exe

Last edited:

Nin_10_Dough

I tried compatiblity mode, and it still crashed when ever i tried to do anything.

O-well, i doubt I can run anything full speed anyways, I have a 800mhz duron but can't run mario64 fullspeed in the 0.3 version , but can in other emus.

I just wanted to try the movie recorder.

Last edited:

ciruZ

Works great on Linux with Kernel 2.6.6-rc3-mm1. :)
Your port of the new gfx plugin is great, Hacktarux. I can now play many more games.
I think only a few versions more an Mupen64 is better than Project64 and 1964! :)
Btw, is the german translation the translation I did? :D

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I have no idea about your translation.... It was a real mess when i was searching for all the language files for windows and linux versions before release. I'm sorry if i've forgotten some translations or if i've included some outdated ones, please tell me if you see such mistake.

olivieryuyu

good point: NFL Quarterback Club 2001 is not locking with Mupen 0.4 (all other emus except nemu 0.8 lock randomly due to a sound problem) but the sound is choppy.:)

txOjO

MDKEiToR
the beast! xD

Simply the best emu64 4ever.
Hacktarux, you are the godness programmer in the world. You can make
posibly dynarec into the emu and have the fastest emu "born" to try and try games on the *nix systems and windows'es.
And the best ! Road rash can play fast and sweetness :)
But the makers of the plugins ( for linux ) and all the coders "wasted" all
of your precious time, making this, can posible, my best regards too.

Good luck.

olivieryuyu

Q: is it normal if a game have a different FPS by Mupen and by the gfx plugin ?

example to be more clear: Jikkyou World soccer 3, Hamster Monogatari and others as i haven't made an investigation yet.

basically the FPS shown by Mupen are x3 or x4 .....

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It's possible... for mupen64, a frame is drawn each time a dlist is sent to the plugin, but maybe that's not always true for some games... Anyway VI/s should be ok and it's a better speed measure.

olivieryuyu

Hacktarux said:
It's possible... for mupen64, a frame is drawn each time a dlist is sent to the plugin, but maybe that's not always true for some games... Anyway VI/s should be ok and it's a better speed measure.

yes something like frame interpolation is possible and used with some games on N64.

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

well there is a problem of synchronization with donkey kong 64 : the gfx is displayed before the sound (as if the gfx was going too quickly for sound)

by the way, what kind of bug are you looking for ?

zaba

Hi everyone, first post, I'm trying to compile the glide64 plugin provided in the mupen 0.4 source thread, and I get the following error on "make":

In file included from wrapper/textures.cpp:9:
wrapper/main.h:19: error: `void (*glActiveTextureARB)(unsigned int)' redeclared
as different kind of symbol
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:2041: error: previous declaration of `void
glActiveTextureARB(unsigned int)'
wrapper/main.h:20: error: `void (*glMultiTexCoord2fARB)(unsigned int, float,
float)' redeclared as different kind of symbol
/usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h:2053: error: previous declaration of `void
glMultiTexCoord2fARB(unsigned int, float, float)'
make: *** [wrapper/textures.o] Error 1

gl.h from /usr/X11R6/include/GL is from my NVIDIA closed-source driver (version 1.0-5336), I've changed the -mcpu option in the makefile to "pentium4" to get optimization for my CPU, but even when leaving "athlon" (the default one), I get the same error...

The glN64 plugin gives me an error too...
It looks like a hack for banjoo-tooie shadows:
Combiner.cpp:351: error: integer constant is too large for "long" type
Since I'm no programmer at all, I just commented the if statement since I don't play banjoo-tooie.
Some info to help you:
gcc (GCC) 3.3.4
NVIDIA closed-source driver version 1.0-5336
Linux 2.4.26 (I think it doesn't matter)

Good luck, by the way, the compare-pipe stops install.sh from ending the proccess.

Sorry for my bad english, good luck and thanks. (is the error on gln64 is about mux, just curious to know...)

olivieryuyu

well a bug that was occuring also in version 0.3: with 1080 snowboarding the transparency of cards are not working. With the same plugins and other emus it's ok