What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, heres some screenshots of games other than Mario. Below are shown Star Fox, Mario Kart, Mace: The Dark Age, and Chopper Attack. As you can see, I still have a long way to go before these games are worth playing.

Cyberman

Ok, heres some screenshots of games other than Mario. Below are shown Star Fox, Mario Kart, Mace: The Dark Age, and Chopper Attack. As you can see, I still have a long way to go before these games are worth playing.
The look better than anything else I've seen on my machine :)
Unfortunately my machine is slow at 300mhz

Quvack

Those screenshots look excellent so far :) Personally I think watching the plugin progress can be more fun than playing the games :) Thats what I think anyway :p

bodie

i second that ..i don't have a voodoo based card, but i think it's fantastic what you are doing for people that do .. i have been watching it with interest ..and you are progressing at an astonishing rate ..
keep up the great work dave
regards bodie

flow``

flow``
looks really great dave.. makes me want to find a voodoo 2 just to use your plugin =p

kinda like when ppl bought v2's for uhle

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
any1 knows where I can find Trwingl Video dll source code ?
it's ok i found it !

Last edited:

Remote

Perhaps he was inspired by Dave´s amzing progress, I am extremely impressed by how fast he pounders the code. I have yet to use his plugin but judging from the screenshots on this forum and on his site it looks like VooDoo owners are in for a threat... and if it keeps progressing this nicely the purshace of two VooDoo 2 cards would be in order, perhaps one VooDoo 4 or VooDoo 5 would be a better purshase, used ones can not cost that much... How is performance with say a VooDoo 2 SLI configuration compared to a VooDoo 5?

A little off topic but how many uCodes are there?

2fast4u

uh, well. i gotta say very honest: yes, i am extremely impressed by how fast dave progresses. it wasn't too long ago when we saw his first wireframes and now that ...

but my comment refered to his signature under the message. i said i was going off-topic. just couldn't help it.

remote: i think most ppl wouldn't want to buy a v4 or 5 coz they already have excellent 3d boards. the v2 is pretty popular coz it works as add-on to the existing board (thou it really decreases the 2d image quality ??? ).

Remote

Yes, that is what I thought. I looked around some hardware stores and none of them I browsed through sold VooDoo 2 cards, can VooDoo 3 act as a secondary display, I do not want to sacriface my current graphic card, for one which is no longer produced.

When looking through my prior post I saw that I missed one crusial thing, Eddy was refering to 2fast4u and I was refering to Teamz. But still this is amazing, a mere month has passed since Dave introduced his plugin and now it is capable of running Super Mario 64 with only a few graphic errors, with more to come.

Last edited:

2fast4u

voodoo3 can't work as secondary display. only voodoo graphics and voodoo2 can (i was also able to run a banshee and a v1 in one system using creative's glideswitcher).

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
well if you lived in israel i could point you to a place to buy a V2 for about 50 NIS.

i myself have:
Diamond monster II 12MB (the best voodoo 2 card)
3dfx voodoo 3 2000 pci 16MB (though better then a regular V2 not as good as the diamond)
3dfx voodoo 4 4500(i think) AGP 32MB
3dfx voodoo 5 5500 AGP 64MB ( i'm using it on this comuter)

2fast4u

w00t! ogy, do u collect old graphics boards or do they acutally all run in a system?

remote...well, i could give u advice to get a 2nd-hand v2 pretty cheap, if u lived in germany (should be about €20-30 by now or something like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.