What's new

How Can I Get Street Fighter Alpha 2 To Work On Zsnes?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
This game is compressed so you have to use a decompression pack in order to make it work with ZSNES (use google to find it). A better solution whould be to use the latest Snes9x version which runs the game without the need of a decompression pack.

Last edited:

xamenus

The SFA2 graphics pack is indeed hard to find. I'd look on the ZSNES forum to find it, but it's down unfortunately. Supposedly, the pack is at www.dejap.com, but I've yet to find it.

OP
Player 1

Player 1

EmuTalk Member
i downloaded it and then tried putting it in the zsnes directory and it doesnt work! am i doing something wrong?

Clements

Player 1 said:
i downloaded it and then tried putting it in the zsnes directory and it doesnt work! am i doing something wrong?

Yes.

The SFA2SDD1 folder goes in the folder where your .srm files are generated (by default the rom folder) not the ZSNES directory.

OP
Player 1

Player 1

EmuTalk Member
Clements said:
Yes.

The SFA2SDD1 folder goes in the folder where your .srm files are generated (by default the rom folder) not the ZSNES directory.

SFA2SDD1? I downloaded SFA2_gfx2.zip and unzipped it to my rom directory and it still doesnt work

Clements

You need to create a folder called SFA2SDD1 and put the two files (sdd1gfx.dat and sdd1gfx.idx) into it. This folder goes in the folder where your srm files are (rom dir by default.)

Shin_Gouki

@Player1
should have mentioned it in my post earlier but the arcade version is REALLY better !! Also in my opinion the arcade emulators ( like kawaks or MAME ) have better online support! *g*
And if you like Street Fighter you have to try online matches!!! They are the BEST :D
Because CPU can´t give you such crazy matches!
wbr Shin Gouki

Clements

foogy said:
what all other snes games require a graphics pack for zsnes?

SDD-1 graphics pack:

Star Ocean (J)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (U)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (E)
Street Fighter Zero 2 (J)

Snes9x has on the fly SDD-1 decompression, ZSNES fairly soon.

SPC7110 graphics pack:

Momotarou Dentetsu Happy (J)
Super Power League 4 (J)
Tengai Makyou Zero (J) [Far East of Eden Zero]

This chip has yet to be deciphered.

ErivandoBR

Street Fighter Alpha 2 S-DD1 Decompressed for SD2SNES

Does anyone here have the old sfa2_gfx2.zip lying around or know where to locate it still?

The last references I can find go back around 10 years but they don't have links, just others looking for it.