What's new

Azimer's audio plugin in Surround Sound?

Poobah

I remember that one of the older versions of Azimer's audio plugin supported surround sound, but the newer ones don't! Is there a surround sound version of .51 of the plugin? If not, would someone be able to implement it into it?

BountyJedi

was there one that did? you mean for surround games like conkers right? where?!?!?!where?!?!?!where?!?!?!where?!?!?!where?!?!?!where?!?!?!where?!?!?!
although seems the plugin combination of azimers 0.40 and schibos with mupens rsp gave me somewhat of it if i remeber while playing conker

the newst one gives reversed channels though thats sad but it can be fixed with some wire trixing :D

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Hmm... interesting. :) I don't understand how Dolby encoding works. I just return exactly what is processed. :(

OP
Poobah

Poobah

Well would you be able to work it out from having a look at zilmar's audio plugin?

Last edited:
OP
Poobah

Poobah

Anyway, the version that was in surround sound was 'Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver)'. I've attached it incase you don't have it. So do you think you'd be able to make your latest one surround sound?

jdsony

Any of the plugins will give you Surround Sound if you are outputting to a Dolby Prologic/Prologic II compatible receiver. I don't believe there is any way to get surround sound from just your computer and some PC speakers unless they have some sort of Dolby Prologic decoder built in. Dolby Prologic is basically simulated surround sound where the stereo source is split by frequency and sent into different speakers it's not a digital system where different sounds have there own dedicated channel.

Any game that's designed to do this will work even in the majority of plugins and emulators I have tried. It's amazing how many SNES games have surround sound, it's pretty funky to play them. Super Turrican 1+2 the sound corresponds to where you are on the screen. If your on the left the FX are in the left speaker, center of the screen you will hear in the center speaker, and right of the screen you will hear in the right speaker.

*A lot of games have the capability of surround sound but didn't pay for the Dolby license so they won't say "Dolby Surround" on the game or title screen but will in fact have surround sound. Most N64 and SNES games do infact have some decent form of surround sound, sometimes it is a little difficult at first to tell if they don't have it because Dolby Prologic will create Surround Sound out of any stereo source whether it was made for it or not. You will be able to tell if a game was designed for playing on a surround sound system though because it will sound much better.

Last edited:

BountyJedi

do you think my 5,1 soundcard will handle that? its a sounblaster audigy 2 something you can look in my profile

also if some1 is able to make up a fix for teh latest for reversed channels i would be kind of thankful well some wiretrixing always fixes though

OP
Poobah

Poobah

I don't have any of that Dolby Surround stuff. I just have quad speakers. If you're right, howcome I only get surround sound when using Zilmar's audio plugin and not Azimer's?

BountyJedi

ive got no idea well only some games do have surround sound try it with games like conker right cuz that was surround from beggining i believe
(it has teh options for it in settings)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
In some of your situations, I imagine it's because your sound card post-processes the sounds to give multi-channel audio. in my case... I've got a pro-logic reciever, and I've never tried n64 emu on it, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

jdsony

Poobah said:
I don't have any of that Dolby Surround stuff. I just have quad speakers. If you're right, howcome I only get surround sound when using Zilmar's audio plugin and not Azimer's?

Are you saying that when you use Zilmar's you hear sound from all the speakers and when you use Azimer's you only hear sound from the front speakers? If that's the case what might be happening is Zilmar's outputs the sound to both the front and the back but it probably isn't truely surround sound, it would just be the stereo source coming out in the front and also in the back.