What's new

OMG, an Athlon XP overclocked to 3 ghz!!!

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
H3ad5h0tter said:
Hmmm... normally there is a heating pad on the back of the mobo , to keep the CPU from freezing , or am i wrong ?!

People use insulation foam usually for that sort of thing. But the problem is that at -274C electrons don't move. So the processor simply wouldn't turn on.

dukenukem

lord freiza
Hm if you want the best cooling for your comp go to alaska or the north pole best damn cooling you can get for a comp and yourself provided you don't die:).The wind and snow are always the best way of cooling anything:)hehe.

-Shadow-

Banned
Jigga said:
People use insulation foam usually for that sort of thing. But the problem is that at -274C electrons don't move. So the processor simply wouldn't turn on.

Aaaahhh ok , i know what yoo mean :D That guy ( On RJAXXXX's forum screen ) is a real faker :D

/edit : Ooops , sry 4 double-post :D

Kahenraz

I clocked my p4 to 6.2 once.
This was one of the original pre-ordered p4s. It wasd pretty unstable and very easy to clock. This 6.2ghz bit was by pure accident though. I opened a corrupt application that started to re-open itself exponentially, flooding my processes. I did a /sysinfo in the IRC channel I was in, paniced, and made a dive for the power button. Someone in the channel sent me a screenshot afterwards. Name have been removed for privacy reasons, but I'm, sure you can tell which lines are mine. ;)

This cpu was originally clocked at 1.4Ghz, btw.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Last edited:

Kahenraz

cpu_all.gif

Kahenraz

I don't know. I didn't wait to find out. Besides, I could hardly do anything since my HDD was grinding like crazy flooding my virtual memory.

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
Kahenraz said:
I don't know. I didn't wait to find out. Besides, I could hardly do anything since my HDD was grinding like crazy flooding my virtual memory.

You, like the original person we were talking about... are full of shit. You're saying you took a crappy 1.4ghz williamette pentium 4 to 6.2ghz? Kind of interesting when those POS's barely clock to 1.8. And do you have any idea how many volts you'd have to run for that clock? Do you have no idea that p4's are multiplier locked? So tell me what fsb you were running? Whats the vcore, vdimm, vdd, ram timings, etc. And those old socket 423 mobos were crappy so I don't even see how that kinda of fsb is possible with such a crappy chipset.

So 6181mhz huh?

That would be 441mhz fsb with a 1766mhz system bus. Even the greatest overclockers can't do that with LN2 *-196C* and volt mods.

I wish people would stop bsing and go for real things, not make believe crap to make their e-penis grow.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yeah, that's prolly just an error with the script, once DE said my K6-2 was clocked at 1.5GHz. :p

At any cost, 6.1GHz is not possible with any CPU on the market.

-Shadow-

Banned
Hmmm... thats a real glitch , or fake , i think . Each CPU clock window shows another CPU clock , so i think the clock diagnistics chip is broken....

Kahenraz

I already told you, this is not a joke. Don't believe me if you want, but it did happen.

The reason that there are different clocks is because I was overloading the CPU to a peak point, then allowing it to clock back down. This allowed the cpu to overclock itself to a threshold.

Seriously, you don't have to believe me, but don't sit there and tell me it didn't happen because I was there.

Last edited:

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
Kahenraz said:
I already told you, this is not a joke. Don't believe me if you want, but it did happen.

The reason that there are different clocks is because I was overloading the CPU to a peak point, then allowing it to clock back down. This allowed the cpu to overclock itself to a threshold.

Seriously, you don't have to believe me, but don't sit there and tell me it didn't happen because I was there.

Full of crap. And cpu speed doesn't increase with cpu load. With notebooks, this does happen so they save battery power but they only raise to the rated speed of the cpu.

I really don't think you know what you're talking about so just smile and nod.

Kahenraz

I already told you what happend. It happend, I've shown you the time it clocked 6.2 and all of my repeated attempts. If you still don't believe me then that's your problem, but don't go insulting me over your own disbelief.

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
hi there Jigga0o7 :)

I have a 2500 xp cpu also and a Nforce 2 Abit 1.2 rev
I have 2x 256 2100 ddr ram dual channeling.

Is it possible for me to go to say 12x200 or do I need 3200 ram?

I don't need to raise the vcore do I?

for cooling I got that silent Booaster 80mm fan and copper heatsink.

Also I can do like 11x166 and 12x166, but I feel that the cpu is bottle necking my 9800 pro a little bit.

So raising the FSB would help quite a bit :)

Last edited:

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
Waan2k said:
hi there Jigga0o7 :)

I have a 2500 xp cpu also and a Nforce 2 Abit 1.2 rev
I have 2x 256 2100 ddr ram dual channeling.

Is it possible for me to go to say 12x200 or do I need 3200 ram?

I don't need to raise the vcore do I?

for cooling I got that silent Booaster 80mm fan and copper heatsink.

Also I can do like 11x166 and 12x166, but I feel that the cpu is bottle necking my 9800 pro a little bit.

So raising the FSB would help quite a bit :)

Motherboards before the 2.0 revision have problems with high fsb, but should be okay for atleast 200mhz. Also, you can run 12x200 for 2.4ghz with your pc2100, but you would have to use ratiosso that your ram would stay within its limits. If you want to run your ram 1:1 ratio then yeah, you're going to need some pc3200.

You will need to raise your vcore if you want to go for such high overclocks. And when you run 166fsb, your ram runs fine 1:1? Because if so, I recommend that you go for 14x166 for 2324mhz. Depending on the stepping of your cpu, I recommend about 1.75v on the cpu for that.

I've never used that heatsink before myself, so I can't really be sure how good it is.

Do you have any 3dmark 2k1 or 2k3 scores that I could see? That way I could show you some of mine and you can see what kind of performance gains can be had from high fsb and such. I've got a few scores with a 9800 non pro still. Tonight I might break 21000 on 3dmark 2k1 with it if I feel like it... I don't know if its even worth it since i have the x800pro.

Waan2k

yeah I get like 14000 in 3d mark 2001 and about 5000 in 3dmark 2003.

What would I need to do to get 11x200 what do I need to change to run this?

Waan2k

I think that if I had a higher FSB I'ld get better scores and framerate in apps and games :)

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
Waan2k said:
I think that if I had a higher FSB I'ld get better scores and framerate in apps and games :)

Ofcourse, but running 166fsb for now with higher cpu speed will be good to have until you get better ram.