What's new

Microsoft Office Language bar........ASAP help!

jessman1988

Banned
Hey, I got Microsoft Office 2002 recently. I know it's old, but I got it complete for under $20 so I'm happy. The thing is, when I first installed Office, I had a "Language Bar" which allowed me to use voice commands for programs and create papers just with my voice. The problem is, it was consuming my resources so I disabled it. Now I don't know how to bring it back up again! Can someone PLEASE tell me what to do?!?!? Thanks!

smcd

Ripped from a DELL help center website:
http://service.ap.dell.com/ap/kb/view_article/1,,4509+4525+4556+7785,00.html
----------------------------------------------------------------

How to Close the Language Bar

Right-click the Language bar, and then left-click Close the Language Bar.

Click OK if you receive the following message:

You have chosen to close the Language bar.
To display the Language bar later, select Show the Language bar on the desktop in the Language Bar Settings dialog box, which is in the Text Input Settings in the Control Panel window.

NOTE: The correct name of the Control Panel icon is Text Services.
---------------------------------------------------------------

How to Display the Language Bar Again

To display the Language bar, follow these steps:

Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. (If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, click the Start button and then click Control Panel.)
Double-click the Text Services icon.
Click Language Bar, and then click to check the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.

------

EDIT: www.google.com ... it works.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
thanks, but the problems is, in XP, there's no Text Services Icon. oh well, someone from another forum got me XP intructions. thanks, though. i'm sorry for making such a big deal about it.

smcd

Oh well you can right-click the taskbar, select Toolbars->Language bar in XP... at least that worked here.