What's new

Advanced Compatibility List

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
I have coded a very nice Game and Emulation Compatibility Database over at EmuFanatics. I just put it online two days ago so it is still missing a lot of games for the all the systems.

Currently I have 196 Dreamcast games up and ready for compatibility reports (# - S). I still need to finish adding the rest of the "s" games and "t-z" which I will do when I get up tomorrow.

So if you guys are interested in helping us build up our content then head on over to EF and register so you can start submitting compatibility reports.

Some Information and Features to get you started.

- Registration - If you want to submit games and compatibility reports you must be a registered user of EmuFanatics. Each user gets their own page that shows their system specs and what reports they have submitted. I plan on adding more to these once it gets going. Such as favorite games and other stuff. Currently you can add your system specs to the database and they will be automaticly inserted into a form when doing a report.
:: Sample :: - Keith's Profile

- Approval Required - All games and reports that are submitted go to a holding area where we view them before approving them for the public. So if it doesn't show up right away that is the reason.

- Search Engine - I have coded a nice search engine where you can search different areas of the database such as games, users, reports, emulators or just search it all at once. If you receive results and click the link it will highlight the words you were looking for in red.

- Clean and Easy to Use Design - I have created a very nice clean and easy to use design for the database as well as the submission interfaces.

- Detailed Reporting - You have the option of adding many details to your reports and various ratings. I like to have more information rather then some compatibility list where it is just playable or not playable.

- Many Sorting Options - You can sort by genre or by titles using the first letter of the title. On the left side menu of the site is another a - z list that will show all titles for all systems depending on the letter you pick. You can also view genres this way as well.

Overall the system is pretty advanced but I have made it very easy for everyone to use. I have some more plans once the database gets some more activity.

Thanks to all those that want to help out.

- Video Game and Compatibility List Database -

OP
Keith

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I have updated the compatibility list database with some new features, and some bug fixes.

I have also updated the games with a total of 253 Dreamcast games which is the majority of the NTSC releases. So that means that they are now ready for some compatibility reports submissions.

I also wanted to thank all the people that have submitted games as well as compatibility reports to the database. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

mezkal

Man on a mission
All I can say is WOW. :) I've just had a quick look see. Very professional layout and extremely intelligent rating system. I just spent most of last year beta testing an online wolrd called There - www.there.com . The whole crux of the system was based on ratings - either how you rated in a competitive situation (racing, betting, dancing, modelling, chatting, running clubs, etc etc) and also how ppl rated you (ie were you a good leader, did you give someone some good advice, did you train a noobie etc etc). Basically, it was shit :p The whole rating system was clunky and ambiguous. This had led in part to the world's upcoming demise (rumours say end of this year at most, some even say end of next month).

Your system, on the other hand, shows that you have pondered a lot on how people will actually use it. Great work! If you do that for a living I reckon you've found the right job.

Cheers,

Mezkal

OP
Keith

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Hey mezkal, thanks for the kind words, and the report submission. I currently only do this stuff as a hobby, never really tried to get into it professionaly.

When I originally started working on the game and compatibility database I wanted to use a new design just for that database .. but at the time couldn't come up with something decent so I just stuck it into EmuFanatics Design.

Well I was bored and a bit motivated last night so I made a new design for the game and compatibility database .. still need to create a logo for it though.

You can check it out here .. http://www.emufanatics.com/games.php

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
i know i dig up an old thread, but the keith work coul be our best compatibility list, if all of us just spent some time to make a small report...

chevi

It will be a lot better to post compatability in this database, it doesn´t need a "slave" reading the compat thread and updating it, perhaps with the next version it should be requested to people to submit compat to emufanatics