What's new

GoodN64 ROM codes

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
True bad ROMs will have a "[b1]" *NOT* "[f1]" or "[t1]". "[f1]" is a "fixed" ROM, which means that it was converted from PAL to NTSC, vice versa and/or had the anti-copy protection cracked. An example would be Jet Force Gemini. "[t1]" means the ROM was hacked to include a trainer.

Also, a ROM that got corrupted because of system problems, such as if a problematic IDE driver was installed, a RAM problem and etc. are likely to not even be recognized by GoodN64 at all!!!.

I remembered back in last July, I accidently installed the wrong IDE driver and
then after I rebooted Windows XP Pro, I was greeted with the following fancy BSOD: ***STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE then after I rebooted for the second time, Windows XP Pro decided to go wild with Chkdsk and then I saw Chkdsk scroll a truck load of errors and error "corrections" that only caused some files to get deleted and afterwards when choosing "Last known configuration" or similar, when running GoodN64, I discovered that it didn't even rename a ROM at all!!! That was with my Asus A7N266-VM motherboard, which has the nForce1 chipset (old) and Nvidia didn't even warn me that the SW IDE driver was for nForce2 chipsets only :(.

The Windows XP Pro going wild with Chkdsk problem caused one copy of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to not even be recognized at all by GoodN64!!!

Last edited: